Pharmacist PRN 5/30/2019
Good Samaritan Hospital
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
GOOD SAMARITAN HOSPITAL is a 474 bed acute care hospital in the heart of Silicon Valley, with two locations, the main campus in San Jose, California and the Mission Oaks campus in Los Gatos, California. Recognized nationally for quality and safety, it has an 'A' from The Leapfrog Group and has been voted a \\"Family Favorite\\" hospital for more than ten years. It is one of only ten hospitals nationwide to be awarded the Outstanding Achievement Award from the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer four consecutive times. Good Samaritan is a leader in neurosciences, high-risk obstetrics, advanced cardiology and innovative surgery techniques, and is a Joint Commission-certified Comprehensive Stroke Center and an accredited Chest Pain Center.
WE'RE HIRING TOP TALENT TODAY TO JOIN AN OUTSTANDING, HARDWORKING PHARMACY TEAM THAT STRIVE FOR EXCELLENCE IN SERVICING OUR PATIENTS AT GOOD SAMARITAN HOSPITAL. INTERESTED IN JOINING THIS TEAM? APPLY ONLINE NOW.
SHIFT/SCHEDULE: 0.001 (PRN - PER DIEM) AS NEEDED
Under general supervision, compounds and dispenses medications and other pharmaceutical supplies according to established operational and chemical procedures as prescribed by the hospital's physicians and other qualified personnel. Reviews prescriptions, obtains clarifications as necessary, and regularly consults with Medical Staff, Nursing, and others in order to coordinate delivery of high quality pharmaceutical services to patients.
* A Bachelor's or Doctor of Pharmacy Degree in Pharmacy, supplemented by a one year internship, required in order to ensure an in-depth understanding of pharmaceuticals, to prepare and dispense medications and other pharmaceuticalsupplies in a safe manner, provide advice and guidance to physician and nursing staff, and be eligible for licensure.
* A current and valid license as a registered pharmacist in the state of California.
* One year of hospital experience and/or residency preferred
* Interpersonal skills in order to communicate effectively with physicians and various other hospital personnel.
* Analytical skills necessary in order to monitor medication orders for
* inappropriate therapeutic use, inappropriate dose, inappropriate route of administration and potentially harmful drug interactions
* Approximately three to five progressively more responsible work experience necessary in order to gain full understanding of pharmacy services and laws relating thereto, and to be able to lead and direct personnel.
* · Ability to learn and utilize computerized patient care management system.
* Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions. Must effectively read, write and verbally communicate in the English language.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.