This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2019
END DATE 12/5/2019
Doctors Hospital of Sarasota
JOB DESCRIPTIONDESCRIPTION SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Pharmacist.
Healthcare is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Pharmacist to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program and an employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Healthcare is a leading healthcare provider with over 31.2 million patient encounters a year at locations in 21 states including the UK. We care about our community! HCA Healthcare has been continually named one of Ethisphere's most ethical company's in the world since 2010. In 2018, HCA spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Founded in 1967, Doctors Hospital of Sarasota is a 155-bed facility located on a wooded campus, minutes west of I-75. We have earned our reputation by caring for people as individuals, not just treating their medical problems. All of our rooms are private. Modern Healthcare Magazine has voted Doctors Hospital of Sarasota Best Places to Work in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015 & 2016!
The Pharmacist compounds and dispenses medications and other pharmaceuticals. Position tasks and responsibilities include:
* Maintains strong knowledge of hospital policies and government regulations and dispenses accordingly.
* Consults with physicians and nursing staff regarding patient reactions, errors and complaints.
* Determines and consults on possible drug interactions.
* Assists in the supervision and training of pharmacy technician personnel.
* Participates in Drug Utilization Review.
* Assists with quality improvement initiatives, inventory and ordering of pharmaceuticals.
* Monitors, records and communicates as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
* Utilizes knowledge of age specific needs of patient in performance of duties and responsibilities.
* Orients and mentors new staff members.
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
* Graduate of a college of Pharmacy accredited by the American Council on Pharmacy Education.
* BS or Pharm.D degree.
* Hospital Experience Preferred.
* State licensure as a Pharmacist.
* Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
* Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
* Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified, you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.