This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 11/14/2019
END DATE 11/28/2019
Schick Shadel Hospital
JOB DESCRIPTIONSchick Shadel Hospital, is seeking an experienced Pharmacist for a per diem opportunity. The Pharmacist will be integral for the achievement of hospital based goals of quality care while managing the operations of the pharmacy in a cost effective manner. Daily requirements include insuring adequate supply and quality of medication to patients, evaluation of patient medication usage and integrating services with other professional services to assure best outcomes.
One of the nation s largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the World s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America s Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
Schick Shadel Hospital, a 60 bed alcohol and substance use disorder hospital located in the outskirts of Seattle, has been providing successful chemical dependency treatment since 1935. The hospital, which claims the "#1 Success Rate" in treating alcoholism, bases its success on its unique and powerful counter conditioning treatment program. The hospital provides medical detoxification and an intense, short stay addiction treatment program for alcohol, marijuana, cocaine, methamphetamine, prescription opioids and heroin (smoked and snorted).
* Evaluate provider medication orders for appropriateness of drug, dosage, potential interactions, route of administration and stability, and make recommendations for therapy changes as appropriate.
* Check for appropriate dosage, drug interactions, allergies, and or contraindications for use before dispensing medications.
* Evaluate patient electronic medical records to include appropriate current and past medical history, appropriate clinical and laboratory data, and concurrent medications (including over-the-counter and home therapies).
* Collaborate with the healthcare team to provide clinical and technical support as needed.
* Document relevant communication with physicians, nurses, other members of the healthcare team, patients, and their family members in the electronic medical record.
* Respond to pharmaceutical inquiries from medical personnel, and nursing staff.
* Maintain adequate medication supplies to each department.
* Evaluate risks, benefits, needs and behaviors consistent with diagnosis and treatment of behavioral conditions for an adult population.
* Monitor medication adherence.
* Assist providers with optimal medication management.
* Perform other tasks as assigned.
* Graduate of an accredited school of pharmacy
* Current license to practice as registered pharmacist in the State of Washington
* BLS certification
* 2 years experience in hospital inpatient pharmacy with a focus on interdisciplinary care is preferred.
* ASHP-accreditedPGY-1 residency or equivalent experience is preferred.
* Compounding experience and/ or willingness to learn is preferred.
* ACLS certification is preferred.
All employment at UHS is with one of the subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc., including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. Universal Health Services is a holding company.
UHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such, openly supports and fully commits to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.