Pharmacy Operations Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 11/15/2019
END DATE 2/25/2020
Grand Junction, CO
You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as a Pharmacy Operations Manager.
You are equally comfortable with day-to-day operational leadership, program development, human resources management, fiscal management, patient safety and satisfaction, and regulatory compliance.
Youre great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
St. Marys Medical Center is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 346-bed regional medical center is in Grand Junction, one of the most beautiful places on earth. Our mission is to bring health and hope to the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and each other.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, weve launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together well align mission and careers, values and workplace. Well honor each others dignity and surpass the standards we set. Well encourage joy, demand safety and take pride in our integrity.
Were proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn.
As a Pharmacy Operations Manager you need to know how to:
* Coordinate activities of the Pharmacy Department, ensuring the smooth flow of operations.
* Conduct studies and research projects to evaluate departmental procedures. Develop and recommend procedures to improve operational efficiency and to implement new services.
* Participate in the recruitment, orientation, training, and evaluation of employees. Provide ongoing feedback, reinforce positive performance, and take appropriate action to improve performance.
* Assist with the clinical education activities of students, interns, and pharmacy residents. Respond to inquiries regarding drug therapy from patients, physicians, and other medical staff personnel.
* Schedule Pharmacy personnel to ensure adequate coverage of all patient care areas.
* Maintain the necessary level of professional knowledge and technical proficiency in areas of functional responsibility.
* Assist in the development, recommendation, and implementation of budgets and departmental policies and procedures. Participate as a member of Pharmacy and hospital committees as appropriate.
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
* Graduate from an accredited College of Pharmacy, required
* Licensed as a Pharmacist in the State of practice, required
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, required
* Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a hospital or retail pharmacy, required
* At least three (3) years of experience in pharmacy management or supervisory role, preferred
* At least three (3) years of experience in a hospital pharmacy setting, preferred
YOUR NEXT MOVE.
Now that you know more about being a Pharmacy Operations Manager on our team we hope youll join us. At SCL Health youll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.
Our facilities do not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, or age in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs, services or activities, or on the basis of sex (gender) in health programs and activities