Pharmacy Technician Supervisor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/2/2020
END DATE 7/3/2020
Yale New Haven Health
New Haven, CT
JOB DESCRIPTIONOVERVIEW To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
* 1. Customer Service Quality a. Demonstrate and promote CHAMP Behaviors b. Conduct service recovery appropriately and effectively c. Coordinate the identification, communication, and resolution of issues relating to daily operational and administrative activities.
* 2. Personnel/Departmental Management a. Lead, manage, and direct a diverse workforce. b. Work alongside managers, other supervisors, and charge pharmacists to coordinate and oversee operations of the department, including, but not limited to: coordination of sick calls, breaks, and other day to day technical and administrative activities. c. Prepare and adjust work schedules and personnel assignments to best meet departmental needs including scheduling of breaks for staff as needed. d. Coordinate and oversee assigned shifts to ensure all shift responsibilities are being met according to established time frames. e. Supervise and oversee daily pharmacy staff operations, assuring that all assigned duties occur in an accurate and timely manner. f. Independently troubleshoot operational pharmacy issues and assist in resolution. g. Serve as a point person for resolution of technical issues, including, pharmacy hardware and software issues. Escalation as necessary, but maintain a presence as appropriate until satisfactory resolution of issue is observed.
* 3. Medication Safety, Regulatory Affairs, and Quality Assurance a. Ensure compliance with institutional and departmental policies and procedures. b. Ensure compliance with applicable local, state, and federal regulations as necessary. c. Identify and participate in ongoing quality assurance activities to ensure operational efficiency for all aspects of Pharmacy Services.
* 4. Leadership a. Coordinate staff meetings and other staff forums as necessary for the department. b. Oversee preparation and implementation of staff competencies. c. Encourage and stimulate excellence among employees in work habits, area maintenance, mutual respect, customer service and other activities directly or indirectly related to patient care. d. Identify and escalate concerns related to the provision of pharmacy care. e. Actively participate in staff developmental projects. f. Be a standard-bearer for positive change for the advancement of departmental goals. g. Mentor and coach pharmacy personnel. h. Responsible for staff growth plans and performance reviews to ensure ongoing development of staff. i. Participate in, provide formal feedback of, and support the training/education of new staff and students. This includes, but is not limited to, pharmacists, technicians, residents, student pharmacists, student technicians and volunteers. j. Serve as a role model to pharmacy staff. k. Effectively demonstrates the principles and conduct consistent with a High Reliability Organization.
* 5. Communication Skills a. Appropriately manage, triage, and follow-up various inquiries, when appropriate, in a timely and professional manner. b. Responsible for the ongoing development and motivation of staff by assuring the timey resolution of personnel issues, ongoing communication of performance expectations and the completion of performance reviews. c. Maintain and encourage communication between staff and management groups. d. Identify and communicate pharmacy and/or hospital related concerns, errors, improvements, or general observations to management as appropriate. e. Communicate the status of projects, staff concerns, and problems to management on a regular basis.
* 6. Fiscal/Volume Results a. Demonstrate fiscal responsibility in the pharmacy area b. Contribute to departmental fiscal planning, cost-reduction and containment, and revenue recovery. c. Provide staffing levels which are consistent with fluctuating department needs. d. Plan and monitor the use of staffing time and employee benefits in a fiscally responsible manner, taking into consideration the utilization of casual status staff, part-time staff, and overtime expenditures. e. Responsible for monitoring and reporting quality indicators, work volume statistics, and project statuses. f. Staff one shift per two-week period in the respective pharmacy area, according to the needs of the department (10% staffing), as workload dictates.
Associate or bachelor's degree in related field strongly preferred.
3-5 years of experience as a pharmacy technician, with a strong working knowledge of pharmacy operations is required. Prior experience in a hospital pharmacy setting strongly preferred. Formal or informal leadership experience strongly preferred, as evidenced by project work, committee membership, career ladder advancement, and/or experience as lead technician or coordinator.
Current registration/licensure or eligible for registration (within 45 days of hire) as a Pharmacy Technician in the state of employment, as outlined by the respective state regulatory agencies. Active National Pharmacy Technician certification required (CPhT); CPhT-Adv credential preferred.
Ability to direct a diverse workforce. Ability to manage and remain effective with multiple priorities. Excellent communication skills. Knowledge of and proficient in the operation and use of computer-based information systems to facilitate all aspects of patient care. Knowledgeable of Quality Improvement processes and capable of implementing concepts. Exercises a professional tone of communication, both verbal and non-verbal, to all staff, both within the department and house-wide. Must demonstrate expertise/mentorship/project management in the area of supervision. Proficiency and mastery of various technology utilized in the provision of pharmacy care required. Must have achieved technical expertise in the area of current employment.