Physical Therapist - OU Medical Center - PRN 5/3/2020
OU Medical System
Oklahoma City, OK
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION:
Under minimal direction, perform various therapeutic physical therapy treatments according to the direction of a physician.
Responsibilities listed in this section are core to the position. Inability to perform these responsibilities with or without an accommodation may result in disqualification from the position.
* Interprets physician order, evaluates patient and formulates a treatment plan to reach long and short term goals
* Interprets the patient s response to treatment and modifies plan to fit the current needs of the patient
* Involved in the discharge planning of patients; writes and instructs patients in a home program
* Documents treatment results and patient s response to treatment in the medical records
* Depending on amount of clinical experience may supervise and assists students during their clinical rotations
* Maintains and cleans equipment used by the department
* Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION: Baccalaureate degree in Physical Therapy.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS/REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED: Licensed with the Oklahoma Board of Medical Licensure and Supervision as a Physical Therapist OR eligible to sit for the exam. Must obtain license within six (6) months of employment. BLS upon hire.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of the principles, methods, practices, techniques, equipment and procedures used in physical therapy. Knowledge of anatomy and physiology sufficient to evaluate and treat patients. Knowledge of equipment and the ability to adjust equipment to suite patient s needs. Ability to maintain effective working relationships with staff and excellent communication skills in guiding patients to assume responsibility for their treatment and development. Knowledge of computers.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or protected veteran status in accordance with applicable federal laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Reasonable accommodations are made to the known physical and mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilities.