Physical Therapist 11/16/2019
LewisGale Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team. We are seeking a PHYSICAL THERAPIST to help provide our patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team working hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. THIS IS FOR OUR INPATIENT REHAB (WITH CROSS-TRAINING TO ACUTE CARE), TREATING 4-5 PATIENTS PER DAY WITH A HEAVY NEURO POPULATION. WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAY ROTATIONS ARE REQUIRED.
HOSPITAL CORPORATION OF AMERICA (HCA) is a leading healthcare provider with over 31.2 million patient encounters a year at locations in 21 states including the UK. We care about our community! HCA has been continually named one of Ethisphere's most ethical company's in the world since 2010. In 2018, HCA spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
LEWISGALE MEDICAL CENTER (LGMC) delivers quality care to our patients located in the beautiful mountainous region of Southwest Virginia. LGMC is a 521-BED ACUTE CARE FACILITY and is the largest hospital in the LewisGale Regional Health System (LGRHS). Through our extensive network we have the privilege of SERVING MORE THAN 250,000 PATIENTS EACH YEAR. LEWISGALE is also ranked AMONG THE TOP HOSPITALS IN VIRGINIA and the nation for benchmarked quality cancer care, patient safety and satisfaction and health outcomes To learn more about working at Lewis Gale Medical Center click here: Can't Stop the Music
WHAT WOULD YOU DO IN THIS ROLE?
* EVALUATES PATIENTS. Evaluates patients in a concise fashion according to the physician's referral and patient history using clinical examination skills to determine objective findings. Assesses subjective and objective findings to develop plan of treatment with long and short-term goals and reassesses patient regularly.
* PROVIDES APPROPRIATE TREATMENT TO MEET THE NEEDS OF THE PATIENT. Designs a treatment plan focusing on return to function. Demonstrates efficiency and proficiency in utilizing standard treatment methods. Prepares patient for discharge to include equipment needs, resources and patient education. Exhibits a level of efficiency in completing patient treatments that reflects good time management skills and experience.
* MAINTAINS CLINICAL AND DEPARTMENTAL RECORDS. Maintain clinical and departmental records as indicated by accreditation bodies and hospital administration. Prepares chart documentation in accordance with department standards. Documentation is timely, complete, professional and concise. Assists in QM and trains staff when changes are necessary.
* COMMUNICATES AND WORKS EFFECTIVELY WITH PATIENTS AND FAMILIES/SIGNIFICANT OTHERS. Provides goal directed education to patients and families based on individualized needs. Actively involves patient and family members in rationale and course of treatment with emphasis on education and home care including maximizing function, exercise programs, precautions and use of assistive devices. Method of communication is appropriate to maximize patient and family comprehension.
* COMMUNICATES AND WORKS EFFECTIVELY WITH OTHER HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONALS. Demonstrates and facilitates clear communication in a professional, tactful, and timely manner. Shares information willingly. Works with others to problem solve.
* PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OF SELF AND OTHERS. Demonstrates professional development of self and others. Promotes and participates in in-services, continuing education, seminars, journal reviews, student instruction, and other educational opportunities. Accepts and provides constructive feedback.
* COMMITTEE INVOLVEMENT. Actively participates in Senior-Charge Nurse meetings, QI teams and/or any temporary committees used to improve operations. Involves departmental staff in the initiatives and outcomes of those groups through staff meetings, staff training, etc.
Preferred - Previous experience in an acute care, outpatient, or rehab hospital.
Graduation from an accredited school of Physical Therapy.
Possession of a valid Virginia license to practice PT or in the process of obtaining licensure within 90 days though a traineeship and board exam.
If licensure is not obtained within 90 days, the circumstances will be reviewed. CPR certification or within 90 days of employment.
PREFERRED - Advanced training in a specialty area related to specific patient populations.
WE ARE A FAMILY 270,000 STRONG! OUR TALENT ACQUISITION TEAM IS REVIEWING APPLICATIONS IMMEDIATELY. HIGHLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE PROMPTLY CONTACTED BY OUR HIRING MANAGERS FOR INTERVIEWS. SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TODAY TO JOIN OUR COMMUNITY OF CARING!
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND VALUE DIVERSITY AT OUR COMPANY. WE DO NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, RELIGION, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, AGE, MARITAL STATUS, VETERAN STATUS, OR DISABILITY STATUS.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.