Physician / Chief Medical Officer / New York / Locum or Permanent / Pr
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2020
END DATE 9/24/2020
Bond Health Staffing
JOB DESCRIPTIONProgram Director needed in the Bronx
Full time Monday-Friday, 1 evening requiredThis location is funded by New York City Department of Homeless Services and offers families a supportive, structured therapeutic, safe, and drug-free facility. It provides comprehensive case management services to 51 families in a transitional residence program for homeless families. The five story facility has rooms of various sizes, common areas and provides on-site security and social services to stabilize their condition in order to successfully transition into to permanent housing.
* Main professional relationships with clients and client confidentiality.
* Practice Universal Precautions/Standard Protocol & Procedures.
* Comply with any and all Federal, State, City and privacy polices intended to protect the security and privacy of individually identifiable health information.
* Work with all staff to set staff performance targets in accordance with contract requirements.
* Ensure that all direct and subordinate staff complies with funders' polices and rules.
* Oversee all program operations and manage direct reporting program staff and their subordinates.
* Develop and implement Quality Assurance measures to ensure quality service delivery to clients.
* Direct, coordinate, supervise and document programmatic activities facilitated by direct reporting staff.
* Observe staff engaging with clients and/or supervisors and their direct reports.
* Conduct client and program progress reviews with staff.
* Prepare, review and ensure the accuracy and timeliness of, contract reports and statistical information for management and funder use.
* Analyze program and demographic data to make programmatic improvements.
* Conduct regular staff meetings.
* Oversee onsite and organize offsite training opportunities for professional development of staff.
* Ensure that the site meets all regulatory compliance (i.e.-health, Client, OTDA, Callahan, RSRI, safety, and fire department).
* Ensure that all housing goals, targets, and performance outcomes are met on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis.
* Ensure staff utilization of electronic database and conduct oversight to ensure data integrity.
* Direct and coordinate the hiring and firing of shelter staff (in consultation and agreement with Human Resources).
* Liaison with community leaders and groups to build connections, gain support and troubleshoot issues/concerns.
* Initiate and proactively create solutions to address gaps in shelter services or staff performance (i.e., basic computer training use of technology).
* Address and implement resolutions to client/staff complaints in a timely manner.
* Develop and implement crisis prevention and/or intervention strategies to ensure a safe and secure environment.
* Interact and troubleshoot issues with subcontractors and vendors (i.e.-food, medical, laundry, technology, etc.)
* Review and sign time sheets.
* Supervise, review and approve staff and subordinates' training, vacation and leave.
* Prepare performance appraisals for direct reporting program staff.
* Participate in staff/funder/community and all outside agency meetings as requested.
* Immediately report to the appropriate Vice President any: monitoring visits or funders' events; significant events; any incident that might subject to liability.
* Master's degree required. A license is required of these Master's Degrees: Social Work (LMSW or LCSW), Mental Health Counseling, Counseling/Guidance, Art Therapy. Candidates can be considered contingent upon receiving the license.
* Homeless shelter experience required.
* Must have shelter experience where DHS was the funder
* 1-2 years supervisory experience preferred.
Very competitive salary + complete benefit package!
For more information and to apply, please contact :
Account Manager, Bond Health Staffing
Brooklyn, NY, 11219
Office: 1- ext. 204