Pipe Welder 8/20/2020
Matrix Service, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PRIMARY FUNCTION:
Perform welding functions per jobsite specifications; covering various welding procedures, brazing, and cutting on all type of pipe.
* Actively support the Company's commitment to safety and its "Core Values."
* Represent the Company at all times with high moral standards while adhering to the Company's "Code of Business Conduct and Ethics."
* To work well with peers, supervision and the QA/QC Department.
* Select equipment and plan layout and assembly of welding.
* May weld pipe of all kinds, sizes and alloys by process of ARC, SMAW, GTAW, GMAW, GAS, MIG, TIG, etc.
* Weld high and low pressure pipe per specifications. All welds are subject to NDE testing including visual, hydro and 100% x-ray.
* Fit up pipe in some instances, as well as perform grinding when required.
* Weld on structural steel, handrails, brackets, non-piping components, etc.
* Work within precise limits and standards of accuracy.
* Must possess current certification in SMAW, GTAW and GMAW or FCAW.
* Perform other related duties.
* Identify safety hazards you or other employees may be subject to and take all necessary corrective action to eliminate or minimize hazards.
* Perform all other job related duties as requested by supervision.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of five (5) years or more in refinery maintenance/turnaround/or construction experience. A general knowledge of basic hand tools. Must be able to pass Welder Skills Test at or above 70% and a practical welding skill test required by the jobsite (2" heavy wall, 6G position to start). Complete Matrix Service Safety training, Process Safety Management training and Client / Site specific training. Must be able to obtain and maintain an active status within the required drug testing program. Must pass background check. TWIC card required.
EEO/M/F/Disability/Vets/Affirmative Action Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristic or category.