Mechanical Services of Central Florida
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About Us:
Mechanical Services of Central Florida, Inc., (MSI) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group. Inc. EMCOR is the world's leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction and facilities services, including planning, consulting, and operations and maintenance. MSI designs, builds, operates and maintains commercial heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems that provide healthy, productive and efficient working environments. With over 320 of the region's most highly trained HVAC specialists and professionals, we have unmatched resources available to support the needs of our clients through every phase of their ownership cycle.
Ability to lay out pipe systems, installation of commercial mechanical systems to include but not limited to cooling towers, chillers, boilers, pumps, and packaged rooftop equipment
* Lay out of pipe systems, supports or related equipment according to blueprints.
* Installation of commercial mechanical systems to include but not limited to cooling towers, chillers, boilers, pumps, packaged rooftop equipment, and split system equipment.
* Assemble or secure pipes, fittings, accessories (valves, gauges, etc.), or related equipment according to project specifications by welding, brazing, soldering or threading joints.
* Inspect or test installed systems using pressure gauge, hydro static testing or other methods.
* Cut or bore holes in structures prior to pipe installation using hand or power tools.
* Load and unload tools and material.
* Setup of equipment at beginning of shift and breakdown at end of shift.
* Utilize blueprints and drawings to plan layout and procedure.
* Compile lists of material and equipment needed for project.
* Coordinate material orders and deliveries with company warehouse and construction managers.
* Coordinate tool, lift, and crane rentals as necessary for project.
* Maintain assigned tools and issued safety equipment.
* Maintain daily communication with your direct supervisor and department manager. Take direction from construction manager, project foreman, and/or lead pipe-fitter.
* Coordinate project inspections with construction manager.
* Supervise and support helpers on projects as required.
* Complete as-built drawings at end of projects.
* Enter time worked daily and submit time sheet weekly.
* Follow all policies as outlined in the company handbook and safety documentation.
* Monitor jobsite to ensure a safe work environment and report any safety violations to safety supervisor.
* Overtime or varied shift work hours may be required.
* 8 years of field pipefitting experience.
* Ability to fit, solder, weld and layout piping systems.
* Previous experience installing mechanical systems required.
* Previous use of electrical and manual tools required (e.g. saws, squares, calipers, hammer type drills, etc.)
* Experience with properly handling suspended loads.
* Follow spoken or written instructions
* Compare and see differences in the size, shape, and form of lines, figures, and objects and work to set standards
* Use logical step-by-step procedures based upon accurate information to complete tasks
* Visualize solid objects from flat drawing or pictures
* Performs a variety of duties which may change often; and make judgements from experience or factual data.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day.
Should be reasonably physically fit and capable of picking up a 50lb. tool, piece of equipment or piece of material and moving it about either on a jobsite, at a vendor or our warehouse.
* This position requires the ability to walk and climb stairs and ladders. This may include tight and difficult situations and uneven terrain.
* This position includes occasionally assisting loading or unloading materials in the warehouse or stocking safety equipment and supplies.
* Workers must be able to: See well (either naturally or with correction); Climb and maintain balance on ladders and scaffolds; Stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl; Work in hot areas and in high places; Lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds or more; Work easily and skillfully with hands and fingers to reach for, handle, and manipulate objects and materials.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer