Planning Documentation Developer Journeyman, Whiteman AFB, MO,US,#ID17649
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/5/2020
END DATE 7/3/2020
Whiteman Afb, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONPlanning Documentation Developer - Journeyman, Requisition Number 17649
Cherokee Nation Strategic Programs (CNSP) is a versatile, tribally owned 8(a), SDB providing solutions throughout the U.S. and overseas. CNSP has expertise in a wide range of technical disciplines, including engineering, global vulnerability assessment, information assurance, intelligence operations, program management and professional services. CNSP is owned by Cherokee Nation Businesses, the economic engine of Cherokee Nation, the largest Native American tribe in the U.S. One-hundred percent of the company's profits support future business investments and the well-being of the tribe's citizens through health care, education and job creation, ensuring better lives for Cherokees today and tomorrow.
For more company information, visit our site at www.cherokee-cnsp.com
CNSP is looking for a Planning Documentation Developer - Journeyman to support the 509th Civil Engineering Squadron at Whiteman AFB, MO under this Civil Engineer Project Support services contract.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* The purpose of this position is to serve as a project programmer, performing routine programming and base development duties in support of out-year projects requiring higher headquarters approval.
* Performs planning and programming for substantial multi-phase new construction, renovations, and improvement projects for real property facilities, including utility systems, utilizing knowledge of Air Force civil engineering principles and standards.
* Prepares, develops or reviews cost estimates, schedules, and specifications related to a wide variety of projects and systems, to include airfields; roadways; site/area development; drainage; foundations; structures; transportation; drainage and other systems of major size and complexity for use on a military installation, airfields, multi-story office buildings, large utility plants, hospitals, hangars, flight simulators, and similar structures.
* Evaluates design objectives and identifies most economical and efficient procedures for building and utility civil design and performance, considering all functional and aesthetic requirements.
* Applies standard civil engineering theory and practices to create engineering solutions without technical instruction or guidance and identifies limits of the problems involved.
* Contributes to the development of graphic presentations, construction documents, engineering studies, cost estimates, Gantt charts, and strategies to communicate with stakeholders.
* Develops project's description of proposed work and other documents necessary to support DD1391 and associated programming documentation approval from Air Force agencies.
* Incorporates knowledge of other engineering disciplines and architecture in development and management design concepts and projects.
* Prepares project time schedules and cost estimates.
* Maintains current civil engineering data for assigned projects. Acts as a project planning liaison with Mission Partners, Community leaders, the Army Corps of Engineers, and/or other design agencies.
* Uses cost estimating tools to produce government estimates and program projects (PACES/TRACES AND RS Means/e4Clicks).
* Assesses validity, feasibility, and impacts (economic, environmental, etc.) of projects and base development actions, and integrates with overall installation plans.
* Performs or supports requirements programming for variety of programs such as O&M, MILCON, non-appropriated fund (NAF), military family housing (MFH), etc.
* Actions include validating requirements using Sustainment Management systems (SMS) and AFI's, applying asset management principles, performing economic analysis, and coordinating with the installation facilities board.
* Programming actions take into account statutory and other delegated project approval authorities.
* Ensures project programming accurately reflects requirements to ensure project scores appropriately in the Air Force Comprehensive Asset Management Plan (AFCAMP) process.
* Identifies requirements and assists in development of contract Statements of Work (SOWs).
* Provides direction, interpretation, and adaptation on applicable guidelines (i.e. AFIs, UFC) for project implementation. Maintains compliance with Air Force CE Business Rules, Fiscal Law (i.e., appropriations), and Anti-Deficiency Act.
This position will not have supervisory/management authority.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* Candidates must be US Citizens
* Candidates must be able to pass a US federal government background investigation and favorably pass a drug test.
* BA/BS degree required in engineering/contsruction
* Experience with programming and project documentation;
* Over three (3) years general or facilities construction project related experience.
* Utilizing and applying computer software including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Keeps abreast of emerging technology for incorporation into projects and program.
* Complies with health, safety, and environmental rules and procedures and performs work in a manner that enhances the safety of the work environment.
* Ensures federal, state, and local codes concerning health, safety, and the environment are strictly adhered to in the programming, design, and construction of real property facilities.
* Interprets standards, codes, and policies and routinely apply them to develop project requirements, creates designs and/or reviews design submissions.
* United States citizen with a clear background for government security investigation with the ability to obtain a Clearance or Common Access Card (CAC)
This position is primarily performed in a secured federal office setting, a controlled office environment as well as working outside in a job site environment.
With $400 million in annual revenue, more than 3000 employees and nearly 1,000 federal projects for more than 60 government agencies in 26 countries, 50 states and 2 territories, Cherokee Nation Businesses' (CNB) team of companies are well positioned to deliver the expertise needed to solve the world's most pressing issues. Together, CNB's companies provide an array of services -- from applications and data services to cybersecurity and national defense -- for 12 of the 15 Cabinet departments.
Why consider Cherokee Nation Businesses? The following links can help you learn more about what we do and the many great reasons to join our team!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: EEO Statement | EEO Poster; https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may email "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision;