Plant Manager 6/5/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ARE YOU READY TO BE A PART OF A PASSIONATE AND HARD-WORKING TEAM EAGER TO DRIVE OUR BUSINESS FORWARD?
APPLY NOW AND MOVE YOUR CAREER FORWARD WITH AIRGAS AS A PLANT MANAGER IN HYATTSVILLE, MD!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
The Plant Manager is responsible for supervising and coordinating activities of workers engaged in producing and repackaging of compressed and liquid gases into cylinders, correcting unsafe acts or conditions without delay, and assigning job tasks to workers according to customer needs, current stock levels and workers expertise.
* Operates and safely maintains the plant for pumping or repackaging of gases into cylinders while ensuring compliance with all federal, state, local and company policies, procedures, regulations and laws. Maintains a neat, clean and orderly plant appearance.
* Studies production schedules and estimate worker-hour requirements for completion of job assignments. Establishes and/or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
* Implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and product quality. Modifies working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of work crew.
* Ensures all safety rules are strictly observed and safety training is regularly scheduled, conducted and documented. Interpret company policies to workers and enforce safety regulations.
* Ensures all injuries and accidents are properly investigated and reported within 24 hours.
* Analyzes and resolves, or assists workers in solving, work related problems. Recommends and/or initiates personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, discharges, and disciplinary measures. Ensures associate issues, grievances, etc. are effectively handled.
* Manages and leads subordinate supervisors to provide leadership. Initiate and/or suggest plans to motivate workers to achieve goals. Provides coaching and corrective action promptly, to ensure that poor performers are identified, documented and improved to acceptable performance, or released.
* Trains new workers and cross trains associates to continue production during personnel shortages.
* Maintains time and production records and approves overtime when essential, while keeping overtime at acceptable levels.
* The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE:
* High School Diploma or GED
* A total of five (5) years of industry experience to include a minimum of two (2) years of demonstrated experience working in a supervisory/leadership role. Prefer prior experience with compressed/packaged gases.
* Prior experience utilizing SAP preferred.
* Intermediate knowledge of Google suite applications and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
* Strong analytical skills and a thorough understanding of how to leverage metrics and related tools to improve production efficiency and effectiveness.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills. Communication skills that ensure a smooth flow of information between self and others through clear speaking and writing, encouragement of open expression of ideas, and effective listening.
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal effectively with others in both favorable and unfavorable situations regardless of status of position. Accepts cultural diversity and establishes effective working relationships.
* Demonstrated knowledge of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratios, and percent.
* Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules, regulations, procedures which are applicable to this positions responsibilities.
WE TAKE CARE OF YOU:
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more!
WHO WE ARE:
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products, one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products, and a leading U.S. supplier of ammonia products and process chemicals.
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than one million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry-leading technology and innovations.
CHECK OUT WHAT A CAREER AT AIRGAS CAN OFFER YOU!
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the team?
Great place to work with great growth potential - Director, Atlanta
Opportunity to advance and a great safety program - Driver, Cheshire
Fun people to work with and flexible management - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability