Plant Operations Intern
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 11/12/2019
END DATE 2/1/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONSUMMARY: Interns can be exposed to multiple career paths and gain an understanding of various departments, including stockyards, harvest operations, fabrication, shipping, safety, maintenance, food safety and more. Interns will work with individuals from diverse backgrounds and spend time with plant management. Interns will be assigned to our packaging department where they will work hands-on. Interns will answer a series of business-minded questions during their time in our processing plant. This will allow the students to learn about the industry, while the company can gain fresh insight to validate operational processes. The interns will present their findings to senior management and discuss their experience. Interns will also have the opportunity to network with other interns and professionals at Seaboard Foods and discuss potential career options. This opportunity is in Guymon, OK. If you're someone who has an interest in food science, meat science or livestock production apply today!
* Understand several areas throughout the processing plant such as stockyards, harvest operations, cut conversion, fabrication, shipping, safety, maintenance, food safety and more.
* Understand and ensure that you are following all standard operating procedures (SOPs) and wearing all personal protective equipment appropriately.
* Working hands-on in the packaging department while answering a few business quesitions and presenting their findings to senior management and discuss their experience.
* Work in assigned department based on project needs of the processing plant and managers.
* Work with individuals from a diverse backgrounds and spending time with plant management.
* Currently enrolled in a two-year or four-year university or college preferred; or two (2) or more years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Previous processing plant experience, meat judging experience or experience working in the campus meat lab are preferred but are not required.
* Good critical thinking and judgement skills to reach the best possible solution to a problem.
* Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of people such as employees, managers, and senior management.
* Is comfortable working in a processing plant environment with physically demanding work that can require the use of some or all body parts and muscle groups
* Flexible and able to work on assigned weekends (Saturday/Sunday)
ABOUT THE POSITION:
* Orientation and connected food system overview, with exposure and understanding of core areas of the business, including support departments
* Specific hands-on technical training in areas of interest and skills, depending upon needs
* Supervisory, leadership, communication and problem-solving training
* Apply your education to an industry and test drive a career
* Business management and strategies
ABOUT SEABOARD FOODS:
At Seaboard Foods, we create the most sought-after pork. Together, more than 5,000 employees in five states work in our farms, feed mills, and processing plant, to produce Prairie Fresh(R) pork. A top U.S. pork producer/processor and leading exporter to 30+ countries, we are committed to the pursuit of pork perfection, seeking a better way to produce wholesome pork and connect every step between our farms and family tables. This ensures the well-being of our animals, the environment, our employees and the communities we call home.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Visit the following URL for ore information: