Plant Operations Management Trainee 9/13/2019
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY: Plant Operations management trainees will gain knowledge and training in various areas of Seaboard Foods' fresh pork processing plant. Trainees will work with various departments on the production floor to understand how each production line and department operates. They will spend an extensive period learning about the employees' skillsets on each line as well as the product specifications. The training period will take place in our fresh pork processing plant in Guymon, OK. Upon completion of the training period, Plant Operations trainees will be able to apply for open positions in our processing plant and be promoted within Seaboard Foods. If you're someone who has an interest in food science, meat science, livestock production or has previous experience managing a group of people and are looking for a fresh start, apply today!
* Participating in new hire orientation, an overview of the plant and support operations as well as introductions to senior level departments that work with the plant to improve product efficiencies and yields.
* Understanding and ensuring that you are following all standard operating procedures (SOPs) and wearing all personal protective equipment appropriately.
* Having a basic understanding several areas throughout the processing plant such as stockyards, harvest operations, fabrication, shipping, safety, maintenance, food safety and more.
* Working in your assigned department location based on your skills, interests, and the needs of the plant while building a relationship with a supervisor who will serve as your mentor throughout the program.
* Developing a working relationship with your general and superintendents.
* Understanding product specifications, employee details and tasks, and human resources functions required on their assigned production line.
* Bachelor's degree from a four-year university or college, an Associate degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Related areas of study include animal science, meat science, food science, ag business, operations management, general business, ag education, management, or other related fields or experience.
* Gives excellent attention to detail.
* Ability to facilitate, encourage and lead a team to reach set goals.
* Strong sense of urgency and works well in a fast-paced environment.
* Good critical thinking and judgement skills to reach the best possible solution to a problem.
* Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of people such as employees, managers, and senior management.
* Stand for extended periods of time -- typically 8-10 hours a day.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
* Orientation and connected food system overview, with exposure and understanding of core areas of the business, including support departments
* Specific technical training in areas of interest and skills, depending upon needs
* Supervisory, leadership, communication and problem-solving training
* Business management and strategies
* Trainees may be asked to work in various areas and locations in production, processing, or support areas, as needed throughout the training period
WHY JOIN SEABOARD FOODS?
* Traditional benefits include: competitive pay, affordable medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage, retirement savings plans for full-time and active employees, flexible spending accounts, life/AD&D insurance, family life insurance and employee assistance program.
* Other benefits: career training and advancement, discounted pork products, employee referral bonuses, wellness programs, annual family events and discount programs.
ABOUT SEABOARD FOODS:
At Seaboard Foods, we create the most sought-after pork. Together, more than 5,000 employees in five states work in our farms, feed mills, and processing plant, to produce Prairie Fresh(R) pork. A top U.S. pork producer/processor and leading exporter to 30+ countries, we are committed to the pursuit of pork perfection, seeking a better way to produce wholesome pork and connect every step between our farms and family tables. This ensures the well-being of our animals, the environment, our employees and the communities we call home.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Visit the following URL for ore information: