Plant Technician 6/4/2020
The J. M. Smucker Company
New Bethlehem, PA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY TITLE
New Bethlehem, PA
* Be able to contribute within the framework of a highly functioning Team
* Responsible for the manufacture of consumer foods which comply with all food safety, quality and regulatory requirements.
* Understands and supports company and site safety policies and performs work related activities in a safe manner. Recognizes unsafe work conditions, coaches peers, and suggests new safety standards as appropriate.
* Performs the necessary activities to operate, maintain, and clean assigned production equipment.
* Understands, follows, and improves documented operational, maintenance, and sanitation standards in a Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) work environment.
* Identifies and corrects equipment defects.
* Performs cleaning, inspection, and lubrication (CIL) activities.
* Identifies and troubleshoots basic machinery and process issues.
* Learns and performs basic repair and maintenance activities.
* Performs sanitation activities on a regular basis.
* Performs equipment changeovers.
* Operates material handling equipment such as forklifts, hand trucks, pallet jacks, etc.
* Creates or updates documentation as needed (SOPs, Job Aids, CIL Improvements).
* Uses continuous improvement tools to eliminate losses and drive issues to root cause; documents, communicates, and implements corrective and preventative actions.
* Use basic hand tools such as wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers, hammers, drills, grinders, etc.
* Analyzes information using principles of math and statistics.
* Assists in solving problems using analytical troubleshooting, critical thinking and root cause analysis.
* Works as part of a team and assists fellow employees as needed.
* Other duties as assigned.
* High-school degree or equivalent is required
* A two-year degree or technical degree is preferred
* Previous manufacturing experience is preferred
* ABLE TO WORK AFTERNOON AND OR MIDNIGHT SHIFTS AND OVERTIME AS NEEDED
* Able to read, understand, and follow documents such as safety policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and general instructions
* Able to understand and carry out both oral and written instructions
* Good communication skills, including the ability to give and receive feedback
* Able to set and meet goals
* Able to work both independently and on a team
* Works well with support personnel to maintain high standards for safety, quality, and reliability and drive improvements
* Able to make data-driven decisions and engage others as appropriate
* Basic computer skills including email and Microsoft Office
* Able to learn company specific computer systems
* Able to perform the key responsibilities outlined above in accordance with safety standards and practices
* Physical requirements of the job include the ability to:
* Lift and carry up to 50 pounds
* Stand, sit, walk, enter confined spaces, push, pull, kneel, squat, and climb
* Perform repetitive actions, reach, and feel
* Hear, speak, and see.
The J. M. Smucker Company (the Company ) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No person will be discriminated against in hiring or in any other aspect of their employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran/military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.