Plater, 2nd Shift 5/2/2020
Schott North America
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY International technology group * specialty glasses and glass-ceramics * more than 130 years experience * more than 15,500 employees in 34 countries * innovative ideas for the world of tomorrow What's your next milestone*
SCHOTT Electronic Packaging is a leading developer and manufacturer of hermetic housings and other components for the reliable, long-term protection of sensitive electronics. Our core technologies are glass-to-metal and ceramic-to-metal sealing, thermal sensing components as well as a variety of cutting edge specialty glass competences.
* Produces components by plating and cleaning parts and subassemblies.
* Prepares plating equipment and plating baths for operation.
* Operates plating lines.
* Makes setup adjustments and supports winding as necessary.
* Documents plating process including flow and return of materials.
* Completes and follows plating logs and travelers.
* Maintains plating quality, documents and reports quality data.
* Conducts line clearance inspections.
* Maintains plating safety standards.
* Identifies process, safety, quality issues and reports them to team lead, supervisor or appropriate manager immediately.
* Maintains clean and safe working environment; complies with all rules and procedures.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Minimum of 1 year experience required; 2-3 years' experience preferred.
* Rack and barrel plating experience, follow work instructions, documentation and measurement skills.
* Basic Arithmetic functions.
* Basic skills measuring with a Caliper, Micrometer, and Drop Indicator.
* Capable of following written and verbal work instructions.
* Capable of reading working drawings.
* Follows plating safety training.
* Right to Know and RECRA.
* Working knowledge of parts preparation and cleaning.
* Knowledge of Chemicals; chemical make-up and Chemical Reactions.
* Motivated and committed employees are essential to the success of our company. At SCHOTT, you will find a cooperative and dynamic work environment which encourages you to share your innovative ideas, supports your development and celebrates achieving successes with your team.
* You can expect interesting tasks and challenging projects, as well as motivated and friendly teams in fields that influence our future.
SCHOTT North America, Inc. and SCHOTT Gemtron Corporation are both Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
SCHOTT's inclusion philosophy promotes equal employment opportunity throughout the organization. Any form of unlawful employee harassment is prohibited.
SCHOTT endeavors to make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our careers website, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Any inquiries regarding employment application status, resume submittal, open positions and any other general inquiries will not receive a response.