Plumber (2nd Shift -3pm - 11:30pm) 6/5/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About Us:
EMCOR Facilities Services (EFS), an EMCOR core business, services over 1 billion square feet of commercial space across the United States. From corporate campuses to single sites, EFS provides a range of services that support mission-critical areas of financial services, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, transportation, and education sectors.
Job Title: Plumber
Extensive knowledge of compressed air systems. Experience with commercial plumbing and hot water system. Ability to braze and solder piping systems. Ability to plan, layout and install plastic drain systems. Assembles, installs, and repairs pipes, fittings, and fixtures of heating, water, and drainage systems in commercial and industrial settings by performing the following duties. Ability to work safely and pre-plan work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Ability to read and understand blueprints, building plans and working drawings to determine work aids required and sequence of installations.
* Inspect structure to ascertain obstructions to be avoided to prevent weakening of structure resulting from installation of pipe.
* Locates and marks position of pipe and pipe connections and passage holes for pipes in walls and floors.
* Cuts opening in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings.
* Cuts and threads pipe.
* Bends pipe to required angle by use of pipe-bending machine or by placing pipe over block and bending it by hand.
* Assembles and installs valve, pipe fittings, and pipes composed of metals, such as iron, steel, brass, and lead, and nonmetals, such as glass, vitrified clay, and plastic.
* Joins pipes by use of screws, bolts, fittings, solder, plastic solvent, and caulks joints.
* Fills pipe system with water or air and reads pressure gauges to determine whether system is leaking.
* Installs and repairs plumbing fixtures such as sinks, commodes, water heaters, hot water tanks and water softeners.
* Repairs and maintains plumbing by replacing washers in leaky faucets, mending burst pipes, and opening clogged drains.
* Able to solder copper.
* Performs preventative maintenance tasking as assigned.
HS Diploma or GED
* Ten or more years related experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Plumbing license highly preferred. Experience and knowledge in NFPA 99 a plus.
* Must possess a valid driver's license. * Fork lift, and aerial equipment certification a plus. * Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures and governmental regulations.
Plumbing license highly preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Will be required to use ladders, boom lifts, scissor lifts, fork trucks and other equipment to accomplish the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; and extreme heat. The associate is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The associate is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.