Polysomnographic Technician 8/21/2020
Eglin Afb, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POLYSOMNOGRAPHIC TECHNICIAN
LOCATION: Eglin AFB, FL
Decypher is a leading integrator of professional, technology, and management solutions and services. We provide our services globally to Federal, Commercial, Local and State clients. Our employees are our most valuable asset and play an integral role in the success of Decypher and our clients. Working at Decypher is not a job, but a career where your talent and energy is respected, and you can personally make a difference. Decypher invites you to join our professional team. Decypher is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).
Decypher is seeking a Polysomnographic Technician to support Eglin AFB, FL.
* Program montages on sleep acquisition systems; troubleshoot acquisition
and scoring program issues. Address environmental, equipment and engineering issues that affect patient care delivery; determine appropriate course of action including test cancellations and initiating system changes * Conduct and score all types of sleep studies including overnight polysomnography (multiple montages), MSLT, MWT, CPAP and Bilevel PAP titration, supplemental 0 2 titration, pH monitoring, and portable sleep studies
* Prepare home sleep studies, manage patient charts, manage provider/clinic schedules, shall manage sleep scheduling as well as uploading procedure reports, and maintaining sleep rooms as well as equipment used for all sleep studies
* Perform end-tidal CO2 monitoring and some ventilator management
* Performs test and accurately transcribes and prepares data for physician interpretations
* Prepare and calibrate equipment required for testing to determine proper functioning and make adjustments if necessary
* Apply electrodes and sensors according to accepted standards. Perform appropriate physiologic calibrations to ensure proper signals and make adjustments if necessary
* Perform positive airway pressure (PAP) mask fitting
* Polysomnographic Technician Accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)
* 1-year experience conducting sleep studies in a patient care setting & scoring sleep study
* Basic Life Support (BLS)
* Registered Sleep Technologist (RST), Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT), or Sleep Disorders Specialist (SDS)
* Certified by the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists (BRPT), American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM) or National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC)
* NACI background check
* US Citizen.