Pool Attendant- Southernmost Beach Resort*
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 7/27/2019
END DATE 2/7/2020
Highgate Hotels, LP
Key West, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONEMPLOYMENT STATUS
The Pool Attendant is responsible for the maintenance of all pool stations providing exceptional customer service to all guests.
* Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
* Maintain the cleanliness of the pool areas, furniture, and service areas of the pools in an organized manner.
* Replenish all towels and retail amenities and stock as necessary during the shift.
* Assist in opening and closing side-work as assigned.
* Assist in ensuring the cleanliness and tidiness of the pool or lounge areas.
* Assist with any retail outlets.
* Assist guests with service requests when needed.
* Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
* High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or related field preferred.
* At least 1 year of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field required.
* Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
* Very heavy work - Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and /or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or 20 ponds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
* Ability to stand during the entire shift.
* Must be able to effectively communicate, both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
* Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
* Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
* Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
* Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
* Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
* Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
* Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
* Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
* Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
* Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
* Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
* Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
* Perform other duties as requested by management.
* Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
Highgate Hotels and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to an applicant s race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, uniformed services, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or any other legally protected classification. Highgate Hotels will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process (e.g., accommodations for a test or job interview) if so requested.