Post-Doc Fellow/Rsch 11/16/2019
Thomas Jefferson University & Jefferson Health
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY To use their training in structural biology, biochemistry and molecular biology to design and execute experiments related to an NIH-sponsored research project in the lab.
- Collects and assembles data for any type of oral or written presentation.
- Independently develops scientific hypotheses related to ongoing work in the laboratory.
- Independently designs experiments to test hypotheses.
- Independently carries out or delegates procedures for experiments.
- Analyzes results of experiments independently.
- Independently prepares oral and written reports for the P.I. on research to include, but not limited to: coherently and effectively communicating our laboratory research by writing abstracts, manuscripts, grant proposals and data reports for grants and oral presentations with corresponding slide presentation for PI, local and national meetings.
- Performs routine and more difficult procedures, analyzes data and coherently presents results in the form of presentations, abstracts, manuscripts and the basis for grant writing, preparation and submission.
- Interacts with co-workers, visitors, and other staff consistent with the iSCORE values of Jefferson.
Ph.D., in structural biology and molecular biology. Previous experience in an academic lab setting preferred.
Jefferson Health delivers state of the art healthcare services to patients throughout the Delaware Valley and southern New Jersey. Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) provides more than 8,400 full and part-time students from nearly 40 states and 40 countries with 21st century professional education. Combined, we have over 30,000 employees.
Jefferson Health, with 14 hospitals (seven are Magnet designated by the ANCC for nursing excellence) and 40+ outpatient and urgent care locations, offers a broad range of primary and complex, highly specialized care that touches the lives of more than four million patients annually. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Thomas Jefferson University Hospital among the nation's best in eight specialties. Jefferson Health also includes the NCI designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center; it is one of only 70 such centers in the nation.
Thomas Jefferson University has ten colleges and three schools that offer more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs. Our University is dedicated to inter-professional and transdisciplinary approaches to learning that offer a vibrant and expandable platform for professional education. Through this unique model, we are preparing our students for current and yet to be imagined careers.
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.
As an employer, the Jefferson Enterprise maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.