Postdoctoral Fellow- Infectious Disease 8/22/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Summary
Performs basic research duties under the supervision/direction of a Physician (Principal Investigator).
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Develops research methods and performs research activities.
* Documents research results and writes reports of results for presentation and/or publication in professional journals and other publications.
* Assists in maintaining the functionality and operations of the Principal Investigator s laboratory.
* Demonstrates the components of the I CARE values.
* Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace.
* Performs other duties as assigned by the Principal Investigator.
M.D. or Ph.D required
A letter from the academic institution certifying that all student work is complete will be considered for Postdoctoral Fellow 0 only.
Experience requirements will vary depending on the field of research.
Postdoctoral Fellow 0 no Postdoc experience required
Postdoctoral Fellow 1 one year of Postdoc experience
Postdoctoral Fellow 2 two years of experience
Postdoctoral Fellow 3 three years of postdoc experience
Postdoctoral Fellow 4 four years of postdoc experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
* Experience in biomedical research required.
Research laboratory environment.
Research laboratory environment
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Houston Methodist Research Institute was formed in 2004 to rapidly and efficiently translate discoveries made in the laboratory and the clinic into new diagnostics, therapies and treatments. The research institute was created to provide the infrastructure and support for these endeavors, and to house the technology and resources needed to make innovative breakthroughs in important areas of human disease. A 540,000 square foot building dedicated to research, the research institute houses over 1,500 staff and trainees, 277 principal investigators and has more than 840 ongoing clinical trials. APPLY.