Postdoctoral Research Associate - Heterogeneous Catalysis
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/21/2020
END DATE 9/22/2020
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Oak Ridge, TN
JOB DESCRIPTIONRequisition Id 3291
This position seeks to fill a research role in heterogeneous catalysis for bioenergy and other clean energy applications. The research will include synthesis of novel catalyst materials, evaluation and characterization of the resulting novel catalysts for clean energy applications. Of particular interest are bioenergy applications such as the conversion of biomass feedstocks into transportation fuels and valuable co-products. Experience with reaction kinetics and catalysis synthesis is preferred. The research will be primarily experimental, but knowledge of catalyst fundamentals and links to modeling of catalyst surface chemistry is of interest. The chosen candidate is expected to conduct independent research in the areas of: 1) synthesis of novel catalytic materials, 2) evaluation of catalyst performance in complex conversion processes on bench scale reactors and 3) catalyst characterizations.
The position is in the Chemical Process Science Group in the Energy and Transportation Sciences Division; however, the successful candidate will collaborate with other researchers across ORNL. The successful candidate will have excellent technical communication skills and interface with collaborating scientists at other national labs, industry, and universities.
- Conduct research in the synthesis of catalysts and other materials.
- Conduct research to characterize and analyze the performance of novel catalyst materials for bioenergy applications.
- Present and report research results in high-impact peer reviewed journals, conferences, and project reviews
- A PhD in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or related field completed in the last five years in heterogeneous catalysis research area
- A record of excellence in catalysis research as evidenced through peer-reviewed journal publications
- Demonstrated experience working independently to achieve research project goals
- Applicants cannot have received their Ph.D. more than five years prior to the date of application and must complete all degree requirements before starting their appointment. The appointment length will be up to 24 months with the potential for extension. Initial appointments and extensions are subject to performance and availability of funding.
This position will remain open for a minimum of 5 days after which it will close when a qualified candidate is identified and/or hired.
We accept Word (.doc, .docx), Adobe (unsecured .pdf), Rich Text Format (.rtf), and HTML (.htm, .html) up to 5MB in size. Resumes from third party vendors will not be accepted; these resumes will be deleted and the candidates submitted will not be considered for employment.
If you have trouble applying for a position, please email ORNLRecruiting@ornl.gov.
ORNL is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. UT-Battelle is an E-Verify employer.