Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Immunology 5/5/2020
Hackensack Meridian Health
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
The Postdoc Rsch Fllw Immunology will work under the guidance of Member Scientist to prepare the characterization of T lymphocytes data for presentations, progress reports, and the preparation of manuscripts and posters. The Postdoc Rsch Fllw Immunology will also perform cell cultures and FACS/flow cytometry of cells and tissues from genetically modified mouse models.
1. Perform Nextgen sequencing library preparations for whole-genome and whole epigenome analyses.
2. Perform cell culture and FACS/flow cytometry of cells and tissues from genetically modified mouse models.
3. Interpret the resulting data and prepare or contribute to initial drafts of scientific manuscripts, both as primary author for new projects and co-author for helping other lab members in completing existing projects.
4. Present experimental results at lab meetings and seminars.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Ph.D. Biology or biology-related area from an accredited institution.
2. Expertise in cell culture, cell engineering, flow cytometry, rodent handling, and basic cellular and molecular biology techniques required.
3. Show evidence of scientific productivity and writing skills, documented by authorship in publications.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Preferred laboratory methodologies include advanced knowledge in molecular biology, that in hematopoietic stem cells, specific knowledge in T lymphocyte biology, and/or the ability to use bioinformatics algorithms to process next generation sequencing data.
Meridian Health is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action and will not discriminate in the recruitment or employment practices on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, veteran status and any other category protected by federal or state law.