This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 12/23/2019
END DATE 1/28/2020
Digital Intelligence Systems, LLC
Temple Terrace, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONSupports multiple services and multiple databases from medium to highly complex as defined by size, complexity, system interfaces and feeds, and technology used). Ensures integrity, control, and accessibility of data for multiple concurrent users. Responsible for standards and design of database maintenance, security administration, and physical data storage. Performs backup and recovery. Configures database parameters and defines data dictionaries, warehouse, and data repository requirements. Manages database access and allocates/re-allocates database resources for optimum configuration, performance, and cost. Acts as liaison with internal and external customers to develop data solutions with current database structures. Develops and creates reports using various data sources. Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or other related field. Ability to manage multiple assignments. Superior written and oral communication skills. 6-10+ years of experience.
Seeking a senior level PostgreSQL DBA/Architect capable of designing and implementing an enterprise level PostgreSQL platform.
JOB TITLE: Senior PostgreSQL DBA/Architect
* Administration of PostgreSQL databases throughout the development and production lifecycles in a AWS environment.
* Design and develop logical and physical database designs from customer requirements
* Provide advice and support to development resources
* Provide guidance in the creation and modification of standards and procedures
* Supporting the standing standards, policies and procedures of the customer team
* Create regular database backups
* Monitor database health and activity
* Provide mentorship to group members and will be expected to help develop and support mid and junior level staff
* May be scheduled for after hours on-call support and will be required to apply production packages during non-peak hours.
* The selected candidate will accept other duties as directed by management
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
* 5+ years of Database experience in Database (Preferable Postgres, SQL Server, or Oracle)
* 3-5 years experience with PostgreSQL Database Administrator/Architect
* In depth knowledge of PostgreSQL Architecture
* 2+ years in the cloud space
* Proven experience in database design and implementation
* Experienced in database migration projects (Preferable MS SQL Server to PostgreSQL)
* Have hands-on experience in AWS cloud technologies
* Ability to automate any database migrations
* Knowledgeable in creating, standardizing frameworks for database migration
* Ability to pitch ideas, solutions to customer and influence the decisions
* Considered a leader in the field
* Python Development
* Hands on Database development designer
* Ability to create reports for Performance Tuning and execution
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science.
REQUIRED SHIFT: This position is standard weekdays 9-5, weekend work only as needed.
Digital Intelligence Systems, LLC (DISYS) will consider for employment all qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, and an arrest or conviction will not automatically disqualify a qualified applicant from consideration from employment.