Power Program Manager 8/21/2020
Buckeye Partners L.P.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Founded in 1886, Buckeye Partners, L.P. has a proven track record of stability and success. We pride ourselves on the laser focus we apply to safely providing service and value to our customers, operating under a strong set of values, and empowering our employees to make decisions. We have a tenacious commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance in all that we do.
It is our internal culture that sets us apart from other companies. Our goal is to provide our employees with a greater span of responsibility, the ability to make decisions, and access to experts to help you build your skills and experiences. Each of our career tracks provides employees with the ability to innovate, and be a significant contributor from their first day on the job.
Buckeye Partners is currently seeking a Power Program Manager in the Oil & Gas Industry to join our team!
Lead the company's efforts to maximize utilization and minimize power costs as well as manage the pipeline hydraulics function.
Responsibilities & Essential Functions include:
* Identify and implement opportunities for power cost minimizing strategies including negotiating power contracts with suppliers, hedging commodity supplies, assuring efficient operations, etc.
* Development of the annual power budget and an annual review of historical power costs. This will require maintenance of billing verification systems to verify and report electric power costs for major pump stations.
* Evaluate proposed systems and operational changes to hydraulics systems using computer models.
* Assure maintenance of Hydraulic models used for estimating power costs, determining usage of drag reducing agents, evaluating utility proposals, etc.
* Assure maintenance of Pump Efficiency Program tables, including pump curve database and produce monthly reports of pump inefficiency, recommending pumps for repair.
* Assure maintenance of power data related to holidays, peak/off-peak periods, demand and energy prices.
* Act as routine contact with internal groups including Scheduling, Control Center, Engineering, Information Technology and Field Operations as well as outside parties including utilities, marketers and vendors.
* Champion company DRA program beyond hydraulic and cost impacts inclusive of educating other impacted departments on all aspects of DRA.
* Utilize Department specific KPIs for continuous improvement.
* Support special studies, requests and projects related to power and hydraulic systems as required.
* Manage Surge Mitigation MCAP Program, including building budgets and championing projects.
* Champion environmental sustainability and carbon offset programs.
* People Management. Responsible for all aspects of leading and managing the Power Program team including performance, recruitment and employee development.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and/or Business Finance
* 7+ years of experience
* Pipeline Operations experience preferred
* 25% travel
Certificates & Licenses:
* Certified Energy Manager (CEM)
Other Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
* Persons who succeed in this position must be self-motivated and work independently. They must be able to evaluate power cost saving opportunities and support efforts to reduce costs. They must display strong analytical skills as well as excellent verbal and written communications.
* This position requires the ability to safely and successfully perform essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and or/quantitative productivity standards.
* This role requires the ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
* This position requires compliance with all personnel policies.
To be successful in the Buckeye culture, our employees must Possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. You must be able to work independently. You must also be able to exercise tact, discretion, and professionalism when dealing with internal clients and external counterparties (customers, vendors, etc.), as well as when handling sensitive and confidential information.
Buckeye Partners wants to create and reward an organizational focus that stimulates the creative and entrepreneurial actions of our employees and results in innovative ways of reducing costs, generating revenues, improving productivity, or improving processes.
Buckeye Partners, L.P. is the logistical solutions partner of choice for the global energy business and one of the nation's largest independent petroleum products pipeline transportation and terminalling service provider; our strength is to create centers of expertise around our products, technologies and client needs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP on the following website: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)