Practice Economics & Commercial Analysis Director
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2020
END DATE 9/18/2020
Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner LLP
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION OVERVIEW
The Practice Economics and Commercial Analysis Director manages a multidisciplinary organization focused on helping our lawyers build and enhance client relationships using economic and other practice-related information strategically.This position will foster collaboration with lawyers, clients, prospective companies, marketing and others to promote best practices for pricing, structuring and managing engagements. In addition, at the direction of the Chief Financial Officer, the Practice Economics and Commercial Analysis Director will work with Department Chief Operating Officers and other leaders within the Firm to provide commercial analyses related to operations of the Firm and evaluation of external opportunities.
PRICING SUPPORT * Oversee efforts to drive improved profitability and pricing options for individual matters and respond to informal pricing requests and formal Requests for Proposals from clients.
ANALYSIS OF PROFITABILITY TRENDS * Prepare internal profitability calculations including interpretation of results and assisting legal departments and other groups in identifying how to improve profitability results.
PROCESS EFFICIENCY * Ensures necessary metrics are being delivered to end-users to maximize ability to effectively manage legal services delivery in line with pricing objectives.
* Provides input with regard to reviews of business combinations (such as mergers with other firms), expansion through
lateral hire or practice restructuring
* Conducts regular due diligence of pricing results to analyze actual return on investment and ensure continuous
improvement in pricing models; provide assistance, as needed, in various processes including annual rate setting and development of revenue budgets and targets
BUSINESS PERFORMANCE ASSESSMENT * Works closely with senior management to better understand the key business drivers and identify issues that need to be addressed
* Participates in the development and production of global business performance assessments, identifying the optimum business model for various practice areas and defining actions that need to be taken to achieve that model
FINANCIAL UNDERSTANDING * Assists in the development and delivery of financial training to other areas of the business (both in practice and other Business Service functions)
* Helps to improve the wider firm s understanding of the fundamentals of key business drivers and profitability across the business
DEVELOPMENT OF FUNCTION * Participates in evaluation, analysis, selection, and implementation of various financial tools to drive increased efficiency
* Leads in developing a team capable of producing high-quality commercial analyses on tight deadlines
* May perform other duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL JOB SPECIFICATIONS/QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. * Proven project management, finance, analytical, people management and leadership skills and experience
* Demonstrated managerial skills which include personnel management, budget management and deliverables management
* Ability to utilize Excel and MI systems to an advanced level.In depth working knowledge of best practices to be followed when analyzing high volumes of complex data, producing management information and conducting investment appraisal on strategic initiatives
* Self-motivated with the ability to adapt to demands of specific projects; these may range from individually working unsupervised on specific technical issues to participating within larger multi-functional projects with numerous senior stakeholders and outputs
* Intellectual credibility and confidence to communicate effectively with partners, fee earners and business services providing collaborative support and constructive challenge as appropriate
* Strong awareness of the wider business world outside of just legal/professional services and be able to clearly demonstrate this knowledge when working with partners on projects
* Ability to plan, prioritize and schedule project related tasks alongside routine daily activities
* Ability to deal professionally and communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing, with internal and external clients on all levels
* Flexible and capable of working to tight deadlines where set; occasional need to work outside of core working week hours linked to natural busy financial periods (such as financial close)
This position may have direct and indirect supervisory responsibilities.
NOTE: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimal travel is required for this position.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/CERTIFICATIONS * Bachelor s degree in Business or equivalent experience plus ten (10) years experience in Commercial Analysis/Pricing; MBA a plus
* Minimum five (5) years managing Commercial Analysis/Pricing teams
* Expertise in finance and business administration for professional services
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent in the position.They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills of the employee.Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice. Equal Opportunity Employer