Pre-Op/PACU RN - PRN 8/21/2020
Campbell Clinic Orthopedics
Surgery Center Midtown, TN
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY *
This is a PRN position expected to average ~8 hours per week, as needed.
Provides safe, quality patient care in ambulatory outpatient surgery center.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
* Evaluate, plan, implement and document care, observations and history of preop and postoperative patients
* Stays with the patient according to appropriate physiological and developmental age.
* Knowledge of anesthetic agents and narcotics and be able to initiate/coordinate pain management. The ability to start and discontinue IVs.
* Coordinate all aspects of nursing care and teaching with surgical team, patients and families to achieve desired outcomes
* Regular and predictable attendance
* Ability to work in a cooperative manner with others
* Perform other duties as assigned
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Completion of accredited post secondary school of nursing degree required.
Experience: 1-2 years of nursing experience in ambulatory surgery, PACU, ER or ICU
Computer Skills: Must be computer literate. Basic computer skills required.
Certifications &Licenses: Current TN Registered Nurse License or current Nursing License. Multistate Nurse Licensure Compact. BLS, ACLS, and PALS.
Other Requirements: Ability to immedicately recognize and initiate treatment in emergency situations (perform CPR)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled