Pre/Post-Award Acquisitions SME, Suitland, MD, US ID#17881 6/4/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Pre and Post Award Acquisitions SME, Suitland, MD, US ID#17881
Join the team who values your skills and expertise. Cherokee Nation Systems Solutions (CNSS) helps federal agencies improve productivity and find innovative solutions. Taking a personalized approach, CNSS offers a complete line of innovative services and consulting to government agencies, including call center, application modernization, data utilization, advanced analytics and IT infrastructure. Your valuable skills can help us give customers the support they deserve and the quality they expect from our team - a team of experts, like you.
Cherokee Nation System Solutions is part of Cherokee Federal - a team of tribally owned federal contracting companies focused on building solutions, solving complex challenges, and serving the nation's mission around the globe for more than 60 federal clients. For more information, visit www.cherokee-federal.com.
Cherokee Nation Systems Solutions (CNSS) is looking for a Management Consultant Pre-Award and Post-Award Subject Matter Expert (SME) with strong Technical Writing skills to join our Census team supporting the Census Bureau Management in Suitland, MD. This position will be responsible for conducting federal procurement management activities in accordance to the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Deliverables):
Includes the following (and other duties as assigned):
Includes the following:
* Lead client meetings and requirement sessions.
* Participate in contract solicitations, contract administration, and develop/implement recommendations and solutions.
* Provide recommendations to client related to funding/contract burn/etc.
* Provide contract details for data calls and client meetings.
* Assist in the formulation, coordination, facilitation, administration, and evaluation of contracts.
* Evaluate and/or monitor project/program performance and advise government personnel of the necessity for amendments or extensions of contracts and compliance with contractual obligations.
* Assist with solicitation planning and scheduling, including, at a minimum, market research, strategy sessions, project work plans (e.g., SOWs, QASPs, solicitations), and preparation of requirements documentation.
* Provide recommendations regarding communication of solicitation planning, status, and provide results to stakeholders.
* Assist with monthly tracking of Contractor funding, expenditures, balances, and overall funding status along with projecting burn rates through appropriate periods of performance.
* Assist with planning, organizing, and facilitating contract requirements definition, project requirements documents, and review meetings, to include preparation of meeting agendas and minutes.
* Review and process monthly invoices and related deliverables.
* Track portfolio funding, projecting needs and variances.
* Assist on monthly financial reports and reporting of findings.
* Perform market research and vendor assessment for cost reasonability of proposals.
* Assist on cost savings analysis for portfolio budgetary needs.
* Develop and communicate cost evaluation tools and reports for monitoring and controlling department funds and purchases.
This position will not require supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree or Advanced Degree in Contract Administration, Contract Management, Financial Management and/or Acquisition.
* Experience of Federal contracting regulations and acquisition administration in a Federal environment.
* Experience with Federal Government contracting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* 6+ years of management consulting experience.
* Client interfacing experience.
* Strong technical writing, and verbal communication skills.
* Proficient in Excel Software and Microsoft Suite.
* Ability to closely coordinate contract administration with internal and external stakeholders.
* SME expert who can understand, articulate, and implement best practices related to government budget and acquisitions.
* Experience in Sources Sought Notice, Request for Information (RFI), Industry Day Event/ Vendor Demonstrations, Industry Capability Analysis, Market Research Report, Independent Government Cost Estimate, Performance Work Statement, Statement of Objectives, Statement of Work, Product Description, Procurement Attachment(s), Acquisition Plan, Evaluation Factors for Award, Request for Proposal, Request for Quotation, Limited Source Justification, Determination and Findings, Misc. Approval Forms, Procurement Summary Documentation, Management Presentations, Meeting Agenda.
· Ability to successfully pass a Drug Screen and Background Investigation
· Successful candidate must be a US Citizen.
This position is primarily performed in a climate controlled office setting.
About Cherokee Federal
Cherokee Federal - a division of Cherokee Nation Businesses - is a team of tribally owned federal contracting companies focused on building solutions, solving complex challenges, and serving the nation's mission around the globe for more than 60 federal clients. Our team of companies manages nearly 1,000 projects of all sizes across the construction, consulting, engineering and manufacturing, health, and technology portfolios.
Since 2012, the Cherokee Federal team of companies has won more than $5 billion in government contracts. Our 3,000+ employees work in 26 countries, 50 states and 2 U.S. territories.
Why choose Cherokee Federal? Visit our website and learn about the great reasons to join our team. cherokee-federal.com
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: EEO Statement | EEO Poster; https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/ofccp_eeo_supplement_final_jrf_qa_508c.pdf
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision; https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2020 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.