President of HMA 6/3/2020
Cambia Health Solutions
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS
The President of HMA is responsible for the overall development and implementation of the business strategy of the Company. HMA is a Third Party Administrator of health insurance benefit plans and is a wholly owned, separately operated, for-profit subsidiary of Regence BlueShield. The President of HMA reports to Cambia CRO.
General Functions and Outcomes:
* Provides executive leadership and overall direction of the HMA s activities.
* Responsible for leading the development of the HMA s business strategy.
* Overall responsibility for development of annual objectives and budget and direction of the staff in meeting these objectives.
* Direct management senior HMA executives - i.e. ithe SVP, COO and the VP of Sales and Marketing. Other direct management of management staff as dictated by business needs.
* Regular involvement in representing the Company in meetings with key customers , brokers and prospective customers.
* Member of the Company s Board of Directors with primary responsibly for setting annual board meeting agenda and reporting Company results to the Board of Directors.
* Primary interface between HMA, The Regence Group, Regence BlueShield and the other Regence Group companies including Cambia organizations.
* Work with Regence counsel and outside legal counsel in resolving any legal issues that affect the Company.
* Chair the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) that provides executive oversight of HMA business operations by leading planning, strategy and execution of the business plan.
* Regular involvement in representing the Company with key vendors and business partners.
* Represent the Company at industry events and functions.
Additional job duties and responsibilities:
Based on percent of time budgeted, the following is a summary of overall job duties:
* 30% - Lead and participate in HMA s SLT in accordance with the SLT Team Charter
* 30% - Participate in sales, marketing and public relations to further growth of the Company s business
* 15% - Participate in HMA workgroups, projects and in dealing with elevated issues
* 15% - Engage with Regence on behalf of HMA and as an executive employee of The Regence Group
* 10% - Employee benefits and TPA industry engagement in meetings, conferences and information gathering to further the Company s success
* Demonstrated ability to lead, direct, and communicate effectively both orally and in writing, and with a variety of groups and individuals at all levels of the organization, including formal presentations to Board members and the facilitation of strategy development and implementation.
* Demonstrated knowledge of the health care and health insurance industries, and their business relationships, economics and dynamics. Specific knowledge and experience in Third Party Administrator delivery of employee benefits administration for self-funded health plans.
* Demonstrated ability to build effective working relationships with individuals and groups at all levels.
* Experience in matrix management required.
* Proven experience leading teams, engaging and attracting talent and developing a team to meet their maximum potential.
* Demonstrated ability to lead teams including sales, marketing and administration staff involved in the employee benefits industry.
* Proven experience in sales, marketing and administration of employee benefit programs to include specific knowledge and experience in designing, implementing and administering employer sponsored, self-funded employee benefit programs.
The President of HMA would have a Bachelor s degree in Business Administration or related field. MBA or MHA preferred, or equivalent combination of education and relative work experience plus ten years of progressively responsible management experience in health plans; either in operations, sales and/or provider contracting, with five years of experience at the executive level.
For over 30 years, HMA has been helping Pacific Northwest-based employers administer their own health plans as part of the Cambia family of companies. We believe that good healthcare should improve health, so we support companies in taking better care of their people by taking better care of them. Now is an excellent time to join HMA as our Staff are combining purpose, passion, and experience in new and innovative ways to stay ahead of the healthcare curve. We offer competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, professional development opportunities and an entrepreneurial, collaborative, and fun team environment.
Cambia Health Solutions is a nonprofit total health solutions company with community roots dating back to 1917. We advocate for transforming the health care system by making health care more affordable and accessible, increasing consumers engagement in their health care decisions, and offering a diverse range of products and services that promote the health and wellbeing of our members. Cambia's portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.