Press Technician 5/2/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Operate and maintain unwind/rewind of press.
Job Function: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
* Complies with all company and department safety, quality, productivity and security procedures.
* Ensures accuracy and compliance of operator documentation involving all aspects of the assigned machines. This includes production reports, specification verification, quality requirements, machine logbooks and checklists.
* Safely operates a forklift to move roll stock to press.
* Completes quality checks on rolls before mounting on press.
* Sets up and maintains auto splicing unit.
* Scans production order into SAP.
* Strips cores.
* Communicates all machine and department issues effectively to department manager and supervisors and presents data based solutions in keeping with Continuous Improvement Objectives.
* Removes empty cores and prepares for shipment.
* Makes roll size change adjustments.
* Performs other duties as assigned by department manager.
* Will assist in \\"breaking out\\" unwind, ink technicians.
* Troubleshoots web tension, web alignment and splicing issues.
* Understands and monitors the 5S system and takes full ownership of working environment.
* Assist when possible in keeping WIP materials to a minimum, by helping to stack in WIP materials as deemed necessary by situation or events.
* Assist Finishing Area as needed and when possible, to improve and optimize up-time, productivity, waste and quality.
* Assist when possible in keeping gluers running at optimum speeds, including stacking off product as deemed necessary by situation or events.
* Assists crew members with make-ready activities to include: change plates, dr. blades, ink etc.
* Completes preventative and routine maintenance on splicer unit to include: oiling, greasing and cleaning.
* Records preventative maintenance activities into SAP.
* Assists Flexo crew members as needed.
* Must be willing to accept training and feedback as needed (for compliance with job requirements).
* Ability to communicate effectively in order to establish a strong working relationship with all team members.
* This position warrants continuous walking, twisting, bending, stooping and lifting of up to 50 lbs.
* Must be able to work in an environment that is dusty, noisy, hot and humid.
* Must be able to work any shift and work overtime with short notice.
* Must be able to visually identify quality issues.
* Must be able to think \\"outside the box\\" and collect and utilize data in decision making.
* High school diploma or equivalent preferred
* Manufacturing experience.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster