Pricing Specialist 5/2/2020
Social Solutions International
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY # of Openings
Social Solutions International, Inc. (Social Solutions) is a Hispanic and woman-owned business emphasizing quality research and evaluation, training and technical assistance, and institutional support services. We are a mission-driven organization that believes that superior science can improve the world. Social Solutions is dedicated to the creation of social and health solutions to improve the welfare of underserved populations worldwide.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
The Pricing Specialist will work with the Finance, Business Development, and Technical teams on all aspects of pricing from capture through proposal submission. The Pricing Specialist ensures an understanding of the proposal requirements and establishes competitive and defensible cost and pricing data for proposals. He or she collects and analyzes financial data on existing contracts, determines unit costs, assists with budget estimation efforts, develops cost/price models based on value for money principles, and prepares ad hoc reports. The Pricing Specialist coordinates with relevant teams and senior staff in developing pricing strategies and making decisions.
* In collaboration with technical staff, prepare budgets (CPFF, T&M, and Fixed Price) in MS Excel for international development project proposals to USAID (and other clients) and subcontractors
* Assist technical staff in completing budget realignments and costed modifications
* Prepare supporting documentation for long- and short-term cost proposal submissions, including budget narratives, certifications, financial information, etc.
* Provide cost advice to proposal teams in conjunction with proposal objectives
* Present draft proposal budgets for cost proposal reviews and prepare briefings for Senior Management review
* Assist in assuring compliance with the company s cost and pricing processes and procedures
* Facilitate trainings to staff related to cost and pricing and business compliance
* Assist in the development of credible resource estimates (BOEs) to contribute to the development of winning business strategies
* Monitor and track requests for quotation (RFQs), requests for information (RFIs), and other customer requests received
* Ensure that RFQs, RFIs, and other customer requests are responded to and/or closed out
* Coordinate closely to develop proposal pricing and cost volume artifacts
* Utilize Excel and existing pricing models and/or templates, as well as quickly assimilate new methodologies
* Responsible for all project control functions, including planning, tracking, analysis and reporting across the project life cycle
* Responsible for coordinating with the program teams to develop and maintain Work Breakdown Structures (WBSs), cost and schedule baselines, and Estimates at Completion (EACs)
* Work closely with program team and managers to review current project status and project future performance
* Responsible for monitoring cost and schedule performance and performs related analyses
* Prepare portions of program review presentations, produces financial deliverables for both internal and external use and participates in the proposal process
* Work independently while contributing to the team through pricing, reporting, analyzing, estimating, and auditing
* Prepares written and verbal reports to program team and management regarding program performance
* Ensure price and supply agreements are in place from award through completion
* Bachelor s degree and at least 2 to 4 years of experience in US government cost applications and proposals or a combination of equivalent education and work experience
* Working knowledge of applicable federal government regulations such as 22CFR200, FAR, AIDAR, CAS, and DCAA
* Demonstrated ability to liaise with internal and external stakeholders, including experience discussing and explaining budget and pricing with program and technical staff
* Familiarity with GSA and OASIS Schedules preferred
* Advanced proficiency with Excel, particularly budget development and formula functions
* Ability to work quickly while managing multiple deadlines without comprising attention to detail
* Willingness to travel up to 10%
Social Solutions offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. Please submit your resume online at www.socialsolutions.biz.
Social Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.