Principal Biostatistician - FSP (home-based, NJ)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 3/26/2020
END DATE 5/6/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe position serves as the primary statistical role with technical accountabilities plus coaching, mentoring and developing other statisticians and programmers. This role is within our FSP organization. We are looking for local Statisticians to work home-based from New Jersey who can go on-site to work with the client as needed.
The Principal Biostatistician is expected to provide broad statistical support, contribute strategically to project decisions with a focus on pre-study planning, protocol development, sample size / power calculations, Statistical Analysis Plan preparation/ review, data quality reviews, development of tables / listings / figures, preparation / mapping of clinical study data for regulatory submission.
The Principal Biostatistician is expected to have an understanding of advanced statistical methods and to research complex and innovative statistical approaches (e.g, modeling and simulation, adaptive design / Bayesian statistics) and mentor junior staff in the use of these approaches.
The professional will participate in meetings and teleconferences and also provide consulting, interpretive and analytical support to Clients.
Review publications and clinical study reports. Assist with the technical details of client proposal documents.
Represent Parexel at client marketing and technical meetings.QualificationsRequired skills and experience:
- Ph.D. degree or equivalent in statistical science, mathematical analysis or related field plus 4 years relevant experience or a master s degree plus 6 years relevant experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of statistical theory and methods and demonstrated ability to apply it to all phases of clinical trials
- Expertise in SAS programming including statistical analysis, data manipulation and scientific graphing.
- Experience in all tasks of a Trial Statistician
- Proven knowledge in Statistics and its applications to clinical trials
- Proven knowledge of statistical software packages
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Possess strong negotiation, diplomacy, team leadership skills and excellent organizational ability
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to identify and address issues proactively in a timely manner
- Ability to make appropriate decisions in ambiguous situations
- Carefully weighs the priority of project tasks and directs team accordingly
- Excellent computer literacy
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge of all relevant regulations, including GCPEEO DisclaimerParexel is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the US includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.