Principal Characterization & Test Engineer 6/5/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PRINCIPAL CHARACTERIZATION AND TEST ENGINEER
We live in a mobile driven world where technology is constantly improving. Semiconductor manufacturers need a partner as they pioneer and drive the most advanced integrated circuits (ICs) ever made. FormFactor is the world s leading supplier of probe cards used to test the ICs that power the majority of smart phones and tablets on the planet, as well as electronic systems used in computing, consumer, automotive and other applications. We are a big company with a small time feel. Working at FormFactor gives you the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology, have a direct influence on next generation products hitting the market and drive the overall growth and development of the semiconductor industry.
We are a fast-paced, growing company where each employee contributes to our culture of integrity, innovation, and teamwork. We are looking for enthusiastic, talented individuals who can thrive in a changing and challenging environment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that Formfactor internally developed manufacturing tools are of high-quality and meet manufacturing requirements. As an individual contributor, the right candidate will be responsible for defining and running tests on equipment tools to determine their performance and readiness for HVM use. As an expert level user of these equipment tools, the candidate will also take an active part in integrating the developed equipment and tools into the manufacturing line, working closely with the process engineers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Develop and execute reliability and qualification Tests plans for electro-mechanical and software systems
* Perform tests in all phases of the product cycle - verification at EVT and PVT
* Work with the development engineers and document the tests and review results
* Conduct MTTF tests and HALT/HAAS tests when required
* Run regression tests for Quarterly Software releases
* Run Failure analysis, and participate in trouble-shooting Hardware and Software failures
* Statistical analysis and reporting of tool performance and failures.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
* Preferred major(s): BS/BA degree required, Mechanical or Physics majors preferred.
* Education and experience: 3-5 years experience in Test and characterization
* Ability to quickly learn and operate Software control systems
* Lab experience with operating measurement, data collection and logging system
* Strong background in Statistical Analysis and Sampling techniques. JMP experience desired
* Understanding of precision sub-micron positioning & measurement
* Experience with electro-mechanical systems and an interest in robotics
* Expertise in C#, Scripting languages to develop automated tests
* Expertise in Excel required
FormFactor is committed to providing a work environment where everyone is treated with dignity and respect. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and are committed to compliance with all Federal, State, and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, sex (including breastfeeding and related conditions), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, registered domestic partner status, medical condition, military or veteran status, genetic characteristics or information, or any other legally protected characteristic. These protections extend to all employment and management decisions including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, pay practices, benefits, disciplinary actions and terminations, and all other terms and conditions of employment..