Principal Costpoint Cloud Ops Apps Specialist 8/20/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Responsibilities
* Troubleshoot complex problems, provide software fault diagnosis, resolve operational issues, and interact with vendors and Deltek s Engineering and Customer Care teams.
* Manage SaaS server/storage deployments including promotion process, image management, data transfers, backup/restore, HA/DR
* Schedule and Deliver virtual server maintenance and software upgrades for Costpoint, Costpoint Enterprise Reporting, Time & Expense, Analytics, Budgeting and Planning, including service packs, patches, hot fixes, and security configurations with minimal software down-time
* Strive to provide 100% service uptime by monitoring system stability and performance to ensure system availability, reliability, and usability
* Provision new SaaS customers by creating new databases & schemas, configuring application and report servers for Costpoint, Costpoint Enterprise Reporting, Time & Expense, Analytics and Budgeting and Planning applications.
* Perform customer initiated service request that include performing database restores, customer environment creation, administering functionality and effecting SaaS administration changes.
* Identify areas that require automation or scripting to performed recurring tasks in a more efficient way
* Work with the SaaS Operations infrastructure team to implement and perform system upgrades via automation software.
* Monitor system resource utilization, errors & alerts trends for the purpose of problem management and capacity planning
* Execute database management (mirroring, replication, backups and disk space) and tuning activities/procedures.
* Document system architectures, systems configurations, and technical operational processes and policies
* Create and implement monitoring, procedures, tools and standards related to system and application security (e.g. intrusion detection, denial of service, configuration change, cross site scripting, SQL injection, OS patching, etc.)
* Will be required to work rotating scheduled weekend maintenance.
* 4+ years combined experience with Costpoint, Costpoint Enterprise Reporting, Time & Expense, Analytics, and Budgeting and Planning applications
* 7+ years supporting enterprise computing platforms and systems, preferably at a Managed Services or SaaS vendor
* Ability to interact with high level business and IT executives in large, complex customer organizations
* Technical and operational interests and capabilities, including Microsoft Windows Server, MS SQLServer, Oracle Weblogic, Citrix XenApp, monitoring, automation technologies
* Experience with public SaaS providers
* Advanced understanding of high availability and disaster recovery strategies
* Experience with automated deployment technologies
* Experience with enterprise monitoring and management tools
* Ability to work in high pressure, highly flexible environment against both short and long term requirements
* Passionate about technology and solving IT operations-focused problems
* Must be detail oriented, task driven, and have excellent communication skills. Customer service focus is key
* Ability to work effectively with in a team environment in and outside the organization to accomplish goals, objectives and to identify and resolve problems
* US Citizenship Required
Better software means better projects. Deltek is the leading global provider of enterprise software and information solutions for project-based businesses. More than 30,000 organizations and millions of users in over 80 countries around the world rely on Deltek for superior levels of project intelligence, management and collaboration. Our industry-focused expertise powers project success by helping firms achieve performance that maximizes productivity and revenue. www.deltek.com
Deltek, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.