Principal Engineer - Device Modeling 8/21/2020
MA-COM Technology Solutions Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Company Overview:
MACOM designs and manufactures semiconductor products for Data Center, Telecommunication and Industrial and Defense applications. Headquartered in Lowell, Massachusetts, MACOM has design centers and sales offices throughout North America, Europe and Asia. MACOM is certified to the ISO9001 international quality standard and ISO14001 environmental management standard.
MACOM has more than 65 years of application expertise with multiple design centers, Si, GaAs and InP fabrication, manufacturing, assembly and test, and operational facilities throughout North America, Europe, and Asia. Click here to view our facilities. In addition, MACOM offers foundry services that represents a key core competency within our business.
MACOM sells and distributes products globally via a sales channel comprised of a direct field sales force, authorized sales representatives and leading industry distributors. Our sales team is trained across all of our products to give our customers insights into our entire portfolio.
MACOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Modeling Engineer - Principal
This is an engineering position that is available on the Corporate R&D team. The individual will be responsible for developing Process Design Kits (PDK) and device models to assist product design across the breadth of MACOM s product portfolio GaAs, GaN and Si based semiconductor ICs and modules. Training and career growth opportunities will be provided.
* Development of active device models for GaAs, GaN and Si based FET and diodes
* Creation and maintenance of Process Design Kits for a range of semiconductor processes, for both internal and external fabs
* Optimization of device design and layout to improve performance
* Creation and maintenance of Assura DRC/LVS decks
* Device test support where needed, and software development to automate electrical test for device characterization and model extraction
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS:
* MS in Electronic Engineering or equivalent
* 5-8 years relevant experience
* Understanding of electronic device modeling (including some of circuit based, TCAD, EM and thermal simulation)
* Experience in development of Process Design Kits in Keysight ADS or Cadence MWoffice
* Understanding of semiconductor devices, IC manufacturing and circuit design
* Programming expertise, preferably in Python, LINUX shell and scripting she can
M/A-COM Technology Solutions promotes equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants in all aspects of employment. It is our belief that strength comes from a diverse workforce. M/A-COM Technology Solutions is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer. The objective of M/A-COM Technology Solutions is to recruit, hire, train, and promote the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability or handicap, genetic information, or veteran status (disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam Era). All such decisions are made using standards based on the individual s qualifications as they relate to the particular job opportunity, and on the goal of furthering equal employment opportunity. M/A-COM Technology Solutions prohibits unlawful discrimination against applicants, employees, customers, or vendors based on race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, gender, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition. M/A-COM Technology Solutions also