Principal Engineer R&D
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2020
END DATE 8/25/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONPURPOSE: The mission of the Principal Engineer is to perform very complex activities relating to the design, testing and evaluation of electronic/mechanical, optical, and electro-optical products and systems. The Principal Engineer conducts his duties with little or no supervision interacting directly with marketing and other parts of the company. In addition the Principal Engineer usually is the technical leader for his projects while mentoring other engineers as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Plans, conducts and supervises engineering assignments generally involving the larger and more important projects, or more than one project of major magnitude and scope.
* Estimates engineering personnel needs.
* Schedules work to meet completion dates and technical specifications.
* Coordinates and supervises engineers and technicians assigned to projects.
* Works out proposal and job estimates.
* Evaluates progress and results.
* Recommends major changes in procedure or objectives.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: 4 to 8 years of work experience depending on level of education received. Experience with planning and developing engineering projects concerned with unique or controversial problems having an important effect on major programs.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: MS plus 4 years experience, or Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Science or Mathematics or equivalent education with 8 years of experience.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS: Technical knowledge - analysis of static and dynamic systems; thermal analysis; optics; materials including metals, ceramics and plastics; sterilization methods; manufacturing techniques including welding and molding. Product Knowledge - must understand the theory of operation for endoscopes and related optics. Must have specific, in depth knowledge of the application of the company's products in minimally invasive surgery. Process Knowledge - must understand the processes and equipment used to manufacture the company's products.
Expected Travel : 0-20%
This position is not eligible for employer-visa sponsorship.
* Competitive compensation
* Excellent healthcare including medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
* Short & long term disability plus life insurance -- cost paid fully by CONMED
* Retirement Savings Plan (401K) -- company match dollar for dollar up to 7% Employee stock purchase plan -- allows stock purchases at discounted price.Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate level courses
CONMED is an Equal Opportunity Employer & an Affirmative Action Employer. CONMED is a strong advocate of workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
If you feel you need a reasonable accommodation pursuant to the ADA, you are encouraged to contact us at 800-325-5900 option #3.