Principal Programmer Analyst 5/6/2020
Hughes Network Systems
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) headquartered in Englewood, CO, with additional locations world-wide, is a premier global provider of satellite solutions and technology services. Together with its major subsidiaries EchoStar Satellite Services and Hughes Network Systems EchoStar offers employees the opportunity to explore the boundaries of what s possible in the fields of engineering and the business functions transforming this engineering into revenue.
HUGHES HAS AN EXCITING OPPORTUNITY FOR A PRINCIPAL PROGRAMMER/ANALYST TO JOIN OUR TEAM IN OUR GERMANTOWN, MD HEADQUARTERS!
* Create programs and scripts to help streamline the enterprise order to cash and support processes.
* Provide technical support to business units such as ordering, billing, installation, customer services within Enterprise group.
* Business data analysis, interpretation of trends and patterns using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports to improve business processes.
* Work with the Software Development team to apply data governance and maintain data integrity across various systems.
* Create Business Intelligence (BI) reports to analyze problems in enterprise customers' invoices and orders, investigate root causes and propose solutions.
* Work with development team to resolve issues identified in the production environment due to system bugs or process deficiencies.
* Work closely with management to prioritize business requirements and delivery of new requirements.
* Design, develop, test and govern software application solutions
* Implement application solutions that include modern user interface (UI) design and user experience (UX) best practices, complex integration interfaces and services to push and pull data, and sophisticated orchestration for enterprise process and workflow management.
* Bachelor's in Computer Eng, Mechanical Eng, Electrical Eng, or any related field
* 8+ years SDLC using SQL, PL/SQL, Java, J2EE, Unix, Oracle, Tableau, Crystal reports, and BI tools
* 4+ years proficiency in Enterprise Business Systems
* Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
* Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
* Architecture experience for workflow and process software solutions, including System Context, Component Model, System and Application Integration Standards, Microservices and Service Oriented Architecture, Architectural Layer Design (Infrastructure, Data, Integration, Application, Presentation)
* Understand client-side and server-side design time and run time execution
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Citizenship is required for certain positions. EEO is the law.