Principal Software Engineer II 6/3/2020
Greenwood Village, CO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PRINCIPAL SOFTWARE ENGINEER II
Apply Now DATE POSTED 06/02/2020 Requisition Number: 263070BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Software Engineering Position Type: Full Time JOB SUMMARY
Charter is seeking a highly talented hands on technical architect to collaborate on the overall Cloud strategy for its Cloud Solutions services. Our team works across the organization to provide services to our technology teams that drive feature innovation and solutions for our customers.
The successful candidate needs to have a proven software development methodology background with experience in the Kubernetes ecosystem. A commitment to collaborative problem solving and quality product is essential. Expect to think outside the box, solve real problems, and change how technology is used in our company.
The ideal candidate will be instrumental in shaping the direction of our Cloud Strategy and will be actively involved in defining key product features that impact the business. You will work with Architecture, Leadership, and Development leads to evolve the design and architecture of the products owned by the Cloud Services Team. You will be responsible to hold a high software quality bar and provide technical direction to highly technical teams of Software Engineers. You will be charged with constructing and integrating solutions with many popular Open Source technologies, internally developed applications and services.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Architect scalable, highly available solutions that support our application services.
* Work closely with the business to translate business requirements into application designs that fit the overall business architecture for Charter s Cloud Strategy
* Work as a technical leader alongside customer business, development and infrastructure teams
* Works with cross-functional teams, product management, development and operations to architect innovative solutions that form the overall software delivery strategy and business architecture. Analyzes the impact of process or technical tool changes on existing processes, tools, and interfaces based on knowledge of interdependencies of related functions and systems.
* Helps to drive cross functional technical alignment on the definition, understanding & architecture of technologies and solutions in several key areas, to include cross capability, cross dependency issues, and issues affecting application integrity.
* Performs technology due diligence on software development and architecture topics, including open source.
* Provide deep software development knowledge with respect to cloud architecture, design patterns and programming
* Collaborate with product owners, vendors, and management to determine and manage functional and non-functional software requirements for Cloud Services teams
* Own the architecture of integral pieces of a system or application
* Assist directly and indirectly in the continual hiring and development of technical talent
* Create and execute quality design plans, project plans, test strategies, and processes for development activities
* Provide technical leadership within the area of expertise and mentor junior engineers
* Research new technologies and adopt suitable technologies to solve the problem at hand
The ideal candidate will be a leader, quick learner and be able to work independently. He/she should be able to operate in a very fast paced environment. The candidate will need to balance technical leadership and savvy with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology choices.
* 15+ years of experience in requirements analysis, design, implementation and testing of distributed, fault tolerant systems with particular attention to security, scalability, high performance, and cost optimization.
* 7+ years of large scale software development with recent coding experience in Java, Go, Python
* Demonstrated experience in working with cross-functional teams, product management, development and operations to architect innovative solutions that meet the requirements with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules and adherence to architectural goals and principles.
* Extensive experience in web services architectures and design using common opensource components
* Strong Expertise in container technologies, micro services, and Docker containers a must
* Strong Expertise in REST API architecture and design
* Experience building proofs of concepts and prototypes to demonstrate feasibility of architectural designs and vision
* Experience on large distributed systems with high performance demands, ideally for one or more of: SaaS, PaaS, Cloud-enabled application development, Data management & Analytics.
* Experience working with AWS including deploying Enterprise applications on the cloud
* Experience developing software in Linux operating systems
* Strong technology expertise, proven leadership skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, superb technical skills, and a strong customer-service orientation
* Ability to communicate with all levels of management
* Ability to manage and deliver against several initiatives simultaneously
Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent experience required. Master s preferred.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Spectrum has adopted virtual mobile recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to virtually meeting you.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. FCC Unit: 13541 Business Unit: Corporate -CCL - CORPL ESW705 Apply Now Apply Later
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
Charter Communications will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable laws, including local ordinances.