Principal Software Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2020
END DATE 9/20/2020
Galaxy Technology Hires LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONPrincipal Software Engineer (Digital Signal Processing) - Marlborough, MA
Are you ready to join a team guided by a singular vision? One that's dedicated to being diverse, inclusive and united in their team's values and strong support of each other? Then look no further.
Our client innovates across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace. Constant innovation is made possible by a strong culture and an unwavering vision that's shared by employees across the globe - a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place.
The Software Digital Signal Processing Engineer positions are within our client's Electrical Design Directorate, Receiver Exciter and Signal Processing Department.The Receiver, Exciter and Signal Processing Department (RESP) designs, develops, and integrates a number of different products and technologies relative to radar systems.The Signal Process Technology group within the Receiver, Exciter, and Signal Processing Department focus on state-of-the-art processing technologies and distributed high performance computing architectures that are used to build next-generation Radar Signal Processing applications.
Responsibilities include working within Linux, Unix and Real Time Operating System developing C/C++ implementation of signal processing algorithms and time critical control functions involved in and direct control of sensor systems.This position will also include working closely with Software Architects and Principal Systems, Hardware, and Software engineers to interpret requirements and correctly implement these requirements in software.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
Required Skills and Experience:
* 8+ years or relevant experience
* Bachelor's degree in an engineering or scientific discipline.Advance degree desirable.
* Application development experience that includes testing and debugging in C++/C on Linux or Unix environments
* Ability to translate system performance and operation specifications into software requirements, design, and test specifications
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
Other Desired Skills: * Working understanding of parallelism and concurrency as applied to algorithm implementation on shared memory and distributed systems
* Direct experience implementing complex signal processing algorithms in C++ meeting latency and throughput performance requirements or experience in implementing complex control operations in software with defined performance timelines
* Experience in developing and optimizing algorithms for performance.
* Experience in multithreaded, multiprocessor software development using pthreads, OpenMP, or MPI programming models on clustered deployments
* Experience developing applications for GPGPU using CUDA or OpenCL
* Familiar with software configuration management and development process control (i.e. CMMI)
* Experience in using version control tools such as ClearCase
* Continuous integration and test experience in a hardware/software laboratory environment
* Strong communication skills
* Ability to work independently and in a team
* High degree of creativity and ability to solve a wide range of difficult problems
* Ability to obtain a Secret security clearance