Principal Software Engineer - Team Lead 8/21/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ABOUT E-BUILDER:
Founded in 1995 and based in Sunrise, Florida, e-Builder, a Trimble Company, is the pioneer of a fully integrated, cloud-based construction management software. Our client list reads as the who s, who in all our vertical markets: Facebook, Caltech, INOVA Healthcare, and Chicago Transit Authority to name just a few - . As one of the fastest growing companies in South Florida, we are proud to be named a Florida Company to Watch, to be nominated as one of South Florida s best places to work and have our CEO named South Florida Business Journal s Ultimate CEO. We re excited to find innovative ways to combine technology with construction with a fun work environment. To learn more about our award-winning organization and corporate culture visit www.e-builder.net
* Passion for Software with innovative and cutting-edge ideas
* Research and stay informed of the latest best practices in Software Engineering.
* Lead a team of engineers to implement a microservice architecture to replace legacy software systems
* Mentor and guide team members on Software Engineering best practices
* Regularly and proactively communicate status, risks, and other issues related to projects that are under development
* Update Jira issues and participate in reviews
* All other duties as assigned
* Deep understanding of Object-Oriented Design including Design Patterns
* Intermediate White Box testing ability (multiple condition coverage, basis path, loop).
* Proficient in the design, creation, testing and deployment of MicroServices.
* Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
* Proficient in a variety of programming languages, able to transition to new languages. (minimum .NET and JAVA)
* Experience with multiple database technologies (minimum SQL and MongoDB)
* Familiarity with front-end development using modern stacks like Angular, Vue, or React.
* Experience using agile development practices like TDD, BDD, pair programming and automated builds
* Experience developing high-volume web applications
* Design effective, scalable and performant solutions to complex technology problems at a portfolio level.
* Ability to communicate effectively with management, other engineers, and internal and external customers
* Able to provide solutions for technical problems including potential architectural changes.
* Must be self-motivated and able to work independently or as part of a team
* Proficient knowledge of CI/CD pipelines, setup and gating.
* Ability to write business and technical specification documents that convey complex analysis and solutions clearly and concisely
* Customer focused with excellent follow through on commitments
* Intermediate knowledge of Agile methodologies, preferably KanBan.
* Familiarity with AI/ML a plus
* Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
* Working experience as a Principal Software Engineer will be consider in place of a degree
* A minimum of 7 years of experience working on enterprise software development environments
* Business knowledge of the construction industry highly desirable
* Previous experience leading teams a plus
If you can accomplish the above, then you have what it takes to be a successful Principal Software Engineer here at e-Builder!
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE
Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D