Principal Software Engineer 5/2/2020
Bright Horizons Children's Centers
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The PRINCIPAL SOFTWARE ENGINEER is responsible for providing hands on management and development for applications across emerging Lines of Business.
What you will be doing in this role:
* Understanding of the application development life cycle and ability to apply it to existing and future application development
* Hands on development of application set
* Management / leadership of day to day development and support of applications
* Technical expertise to understand applications and develop plans to continuously improve application portfolio
* Identify resources needed and assign individual responsibilities to cross-functional project team members
* Oversee application development of existing and future application according to Bright Horizons standards
* Ensure that application projects are prepared (including all pre and post-development steps) in a timeframe, quantity and mix to achieve the best possible return from development and project resources to ensure both efficiency and effectiveness of the development process
* Ensure that software development schedule and timeline is in alignment with business and implementation goals and requirements and make adjustments to meet business goals when necessary
What we hope you will bring to the role:
* Bachelor s Degree or higher in Engineering, Technology or related field
* Minimum 8 years of application development and application development management
* Strong technical capabilities with knowledge of Microsoft technologies and development practices, including C#, .Net, MVC and coding standards
* Ability to remain organized at all times and to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources including team members, other internal departments and external parties (such as 3rd party software development partners)
* Travel as required
* Experience managing diverse teams preferred
HAVING TECHNICAL ISSUES WITH YOUR APPLICATION?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 855-877-6866
Bright Horizons is dedicated to creating a workforce that promotes and supports diversity and inclusion. We provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals without discrimination. Bright Horizons complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf EEO English and https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeosp.pdf EEO Spanish along with information on the https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the recruitment helpdesk at 855-877-6866 or email@example.com. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.