PRN Coding Consultant Inpatient 3
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2020
END DATE 9/21/2020
PRN Inpatient Coder - Level 3 - Must have coding experience with an Academic Medical Center affiliated with a University.
Assigns diagnostic and procedural codes to patient records using ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CM, and ICD-10-PCS codes.
A Coding Consultant, Inpatient - Level 3 codes complex cases for all lengths of stays.
RESPONSIBILITIES * Reviews medical records and assigns accurate codes for diagnoses and procedures.
* Assigns and sequences codes accurately based on medical record documentation.
* Assigns the appropriate discharge disposition to medical records.
* Abstracts and enters the coded data for hospital statistical and reporting requirements.
* Communicates documentation improvement opportunities and coding issues to appropriate personnel for follow up and resolution.
* Maintains 95% coding accuracy rate and 95% accuracy rate for MS-DRG assignment and maintains site designated productivity standards.
* Maintains minimum production of 1 charts per hour or site specific productivity standards.
* Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communications skills.
* Communicates professionally with co-workers, management, and hospital staff regarding clinical and reimbursement issues.
ADDITIONAL JOB COMPONENTS: * Typically works remotely, accessing work related tasks via VPN access.
* Reports to work as scheduled.
* Complies with all Company and HIM Division policies and procedures.
* Responsible for tracking continuing education credits to maintain professional credentials.
* Attends mandatory sponsored in-service and/or education meetings as required.
* Adheres to the American Health Information Management Association s code of ethics.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
LOCATION: THIS JOB IS FULLY REMOTE
TYPE: PART-TIME (PRN, HOURS MAY VARY)
QUALIFICATIONS * Associate or Bachelor degree from AHIMA certified HIM Program or Nursing Program or completion of certificate program with CCS preferred.
* Ability to communicate effectively in the English language.
* A minimum of 1-5 years of coding experience in a hospital and/or coding consulting role.
* Experience in computerized encoding and abstracting software.
* Required to take and pass annual Introductory HIPAA examination and other assigned testing to be given