Pro Revenue Cycle Analyst 6/4/2020
Hackensack Meridian Health
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
How have you impacted someone's life today* At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Pro Revenue Cycle Analyst will support the revenue cycle operations by providing expertise in front-end best practice operations, monitor key operational indicators related to cash flow, reconciliation of charges and services rendered, and performs detailed denial analyses including reconciliation of payments at the time of service against posted payments. The Revenue Cycle Analyst will be responsible for overseeing, coordinating, and implementing charge capture initiatives and processes to improve revenue management and revenue protection ensuring the overall integrity of the charge capture process; providing onsite support and assistance for new practices; working directly with Physician Services Division Administrative leadership, Practice Managers and non-clinical staff supporting HMH Medical Group doctors offices on developing and maintaining solvency within each practices revenue cycle. This position performs high level analysis of accounts receivable and uses considerable judgment to determine solution and seeks guidance on complex problems. All tasks must be performed in a timely and accurate manner.
A day in the life of Pro Revenue Cycle Analyst at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
* Responsible for the assessment of front-end operations and subsequent recommendations to improve revenue outcomes, assisting with the identification of front end operation improvements in the Physician Practices.
* Reviews, monitors, and assists in the explanation of monthly revenue performance against budget and benchmark criteria, prepare revenue analysis in order to maximize reimbursement
* Communicates revenue performance to the Revenue Cycle Manager department and help in identifying/implementing improvement opportunities.
* Monitors the Ambulatory Open Encounters report to ensure that charges are submitted timely.
* Analyzes billing error and denial data to identify root causes.
* Conducts internal audits and reviews activities to improve the revenue cycle, claims production and coding integrity.
* Analyzes and improves the performance of front-end billing operations through development and monitoring of performance criteria related to:
* Front end patient data acquisition and management.
* Appointment scheduling, patient registration, insurance verification, data entry, charge and diagnosis assignment and charge capture activities.
* Front-end billing operations key indicators, including denial trending analyses and co-pay collection.
* Error reports, claim processing reports, accounts receivable reports and any pertinent ad hoc reports.
* Educates department and related divisions on revenue cycle standards.
* Provides timely feedback of key performance indicators; training staff on workflows and EPIC Charge and Edit work queues.
* Identifies problems in the process flow or organizational structure that impedes financial outcomes, proposes solutions, and collaborates with department to implement corrective action, including:
* Provide onsite support and assistance to assigned practices; observe workflows and assist with the identification of front end operation improvements that will improve the revenue cycle.
* Allocation of resources related to front end function.
* Training of front end staff related to key revenue cycle functions.
* Availability and use of technology and automated tools that support revenue initiatives.
* Enforcement or revision of policies and procedures.
* Performs financial management for the department.
* Monitor the current monthly revenues & communicates results through variance reports.
* Review financial performance through AR analysis and other reports.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
* 5+ years experience in physician revenue cycle with strong focus on Accounts Receivable and Front End including Registration.
* Denial Management.
* Account Follow-Up.
* Advanced knowledge of the physician practice operations and revenue cycle managed care issues, revenue cycle and IT Application systems.
* Strong computer literacy including working knowledge of Microsoft office applications (particular depth in Word, Excel, Power Point)
* Candidate should have extensive knowledge of CPT-4, HCPCS, revenue codes, and ICD-10 coding
* Strong customer service and communication skills.
* Excellent problem solving skills and ability to handle multiple tasks.
* Sensitivity to HIPAA and privacy requirements.
* Ability to work independently.
* Ability to assist peers.
* Ability to be detail oriented.
* Ability to work under tight time schedules.
* Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
* Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
* Ability to organize information collected from various sources.
* Extensive knowledge of the health care marketplace, financial analysis, current reimbursement issues, budgets and operational analysis.
* College degree preferred or substantial relevant work experience.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Meridian Health is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action and will not discriminate in the recruitment or employment practices on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, veteran status and any other category protected by federal or state law.