Procedure Technician I 8/21/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
At Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals - careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart. Join us and discover why Modern Healthcare Magazine named us in its "Top 100 Places to Work."
Provides technical support in the preparation and recovery of GI lab patients. Cleans and disinfects scopes in the Instrument room.
* Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
* Experience: 1-2 years of patient care technican experience and/or CNA (certified nurses assistance). Or 1 -2 years of Healthcare Disinfection Procedure Experience.
* Certifications: CPR certification required.
* Other: Must be able to stand for long periods of time. Must be able to do heavy lifting. Must be able to function in a fast-paced environment. Need to have a basic knowledge of vital signs skills, ranges and abnormalities as it pertains to vital signs. The physical demands described here are the representative of the minimums that must be met by an employee to perform all essential functions of the job. Most physical demands are below, plus:Minimal: lift chair to floor level
* Preferred Experience: 1 year GI Tech or comparable experience preferred.
We Offer Great Benefits:
Day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds are just a few of the great benefits offered to eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
We're bringing to life a healing ministry through compassionate care.
At Mercy, our supportive community will be behind you every step of your day, especially the tough ones. You will have opportunities to pioneer new models of care and transform the health care experience through advanced technology and innovative procedures. We're expanding to help our communities grow. Join us and be a part of it all.
What Makes You a Good Match for Mercy?
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and unafraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care - that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply.
Mercy has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.