Process Control Engineer VI 8/15/2019
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Process Control Engineer V
MISSION / SUMMARY:
This position will be under the direction of the Electrical, Instrument and Controls Reliability Manager, the Process Control Software, Hardware and Network Engineer will provide network design, project management, and systems administration for the Augusta Mill process control network. The process control network is the network for the Augusta mill that interfaces all control and monitoring systems and transports traffic and data between them
The Process Control Software, Hardware and Network Engineer will play a key role in the oversight of the Process Control Network Construction, network and systems architecture design, implementation and maintenance
Focus will be on enhancing systems and network capacity, redundancy, high availability, establishing mill-wide process control network procedures, implementation of network changes and application security best practices and technologies while maintaining 100% performance for critical operational applications. The position will work as part of a process control team, coordinating closely with staff. Additionally, the Process Control Software, Hardware and Network Engineer will serve as a technical advisor for all Process Control Capital and expense projects and networks.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
* Responsible for development and implementation of electronic process controls to improve efficiency and reduce or control costs.
* Uses modern methods, experience, safety, environmental and operational requirements to determine the best process control systems for existing and new processes.
* Provide process control engineering and configuration resources for capital projects.
* Works with operations and system suppliers to develop system control logic.
* Evaluates implemented systems for expected quality and cost performance.
* Both review and create the following types of documentation for new and existing systems: loop sheets, motor elementaries, and logic.
* Monitor control system reliability and process variability, and take steps to eliminate any shortcomings.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
* Minimum 10+ years of experience providing network design, configuration, monitoring and troubleshooting for a medium to large network environment or Internet Service Provider (ISP).
* Strong technical project management experience in 24x7 production environments.
* Hands on experience with Cisco, Dell and Delta V DCS networking devices and Cisco IOS.
* Applicable certifications preferred, e.g. (CCNP, CCDP & Delta V)
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Server Operating Systems and Microsoft Active Directory architecture.
* Project management skills, including change control, budgeting, contract development and management, and scheduling.
* Strong research, technical writing, analytical and communication skills, including ability to present concepts verbally.
* Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively and collaboratively as part of a team environment.
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
* BS/BA degree in Computer Science or Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems Management or related field
* Thorough knowledge of DCS and PLC concepts and application
* Demonstrated leadership
* Demonstrated ability to create and sustain change
* Demonstrated ability to engage a work force
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Proactive problem solver
* General schedule is an 8-hour M-F assignment, however, employee must be willing to work alternate schedules occasionally; that may include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual while doing so. Occasional overnight travel to include flying, driving, riding or by rail.
* Sitting or standing for extended periods up to 8-hours.
* Occasional Lifting up to 20 lbs.
* Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
* Use of various office hand and electrical tools or equipment.
* Problem Solving
* Driven towards continuous improvement
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
* Functional Technical Skills
* Self-motivated and team player
* Good organization and planning skills
We offer outstanding opportunities for our employees to advance their careers through on the job training and job progression. We offer a wide array of benefits including, but not limited to, Paid Vacation & Holidays, optional Health, Dental, and Life Insurance, health spending accounts as well as 401-K with matching funds. Employees may voluntarily elect Pet Insurance, Home & Auto Insurance Programs, Purchasing Power, Tuition Reimbursement, Aflac, Lifelock Identity Protection, and Hyatt Legal Services. Tobacco Cessation and Employee Assistance/Referral Program, Uniform Service, Safety Shoe, and Safety Prescription-Eyewear benefits are also available.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee\'s or applicant\'s race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap, or disability, marital status, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.