Process Engineer - Mechanical 5/6/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Broad Function: The process engineer will develop and improve processes for the production of printed circuit boards. Duties include design, layout, and improvement of assigned processes, monitoring overall process performance and developing solutions to a broad range of technical issues. The Process Engineer will collaborate across the organization on efforts involving design for manufacturability and cost savings. The process engineer will also be responsible for overseeing the throughput efficiency and safety of current manufacturing processes.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiates actions to resolve problems and improve process performance. Establishes performance measures and metrics, analyzes metrics to identify and implement process improvements. Prepares reports, flow diagrams and charts to propose process enhancements.
- Utilizes a structured engineering approach to deploy best practices for process control and to improve yields.
- Initiates and/or updates documentation of processes into work instructions, training guides and/or certification tests.
- Ensures the process is cost efficient and performs at the optimum level of throughput and quality to meet customer and company requirements.
- Compares existing manufacturing practices with external benchmarks and industry best practices and proposes appropriate improvements. Maintains knowledge on current industry standards.
- Leads capital project efforts to resolve production capacity and technology capability issues.
- Collaborates across the organization to meet customer quality and delivery requirements.
- Participates in internal design reviews to ensure compatibility of processing techniques to meet customer needs.
- Complies with and supports all department and corporate policies and procedures, including but not limited to safety, security, RCRA and OSHA. Assumes responsibility for safety and environmental monitoring of processes. Completes required annual safety and RCRA training as required for position guidelines.
- May handle hazardous waste as outlined in departmental work instructions for process.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of CNC programming,
- Requires ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications.
- Working knowledge of Lean methodologies and SPC.
- Strong project management and structured problem solving with the ability to make data-based and ethical decisions.
- Capability for designing and analyzing experiments utilizing statistical tools
- Capital equipment selection, installation and qualification experience
- Proficient in Word, Excel, E-mail, Visual Basic and Minitab.
- Ability to teach and train others as required in the organization.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including strong verbal, writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to lead and participate effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment with attention to detail, ability to produce results and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to sit or stand for an extended period of time.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Ability to work in noisy manufacturing environment around chemicals and mechanical equipment (proper PPE provided).
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
Will use safety glasses, hearing protection, and other protective equipment as required, when entering an area with PPE requirements.
- Manufacturing and office environments.
- Work reasonable overtime as required by workload.
- Limited travel may be necessary.
Must comply with TTM Export Control Policies and Procedures and all applicable laws including ITAR, EAR and OFAC including but not limited to: a) being able to identify ITAR product on the manufacturing floor and understand that access to these products and related technical data is restricted to only US Citizens and US Permanent Residents; b) recognition of Foreign Person visitors by badge differentiation; c) understand and follow authorization procedures for bringing foreign visitors into facilities (VAL); d) understand the Export and ITAR requirements for shipments leaving the US; e) manage vendor approvals for ITAR manufacturing and services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual origination, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, or protected veteran status.