This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 1/3/2020
END DATE 3/6/2020
Kraft Group LLC
The Engineer utilizes engineering methodology and other technical expertise to evaluate, design and implement process improvement projects and ensure process capability and reliability of new and existing production equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Work in partnership with the mill team to ensure a safe work environment
* Identify and implement new/improved methods of manufacturing to improve profitability
* Analyze, plan, and control operations of the manufacturing process for the production of pulp and paper products.
* Evaluate day-to-day process variation and control to ensure consistent and optimized process and recommend changes to improve operations
* Identify opportunities for process improvement; design solutions to implement improvements with consideration of technical, feasibility, costs and process risks
* Implement process improvement and process optimization projects to recuse cost, improve reliability of supply, and increase yields.
* Work with manufacturing efficiencies (rate, yield, uptime, chemical and energy use, quality)
* Work with quality department to address quality issues
* Troubleshoot acute and chronic technical issues
* Back up for Technical Manager, Engineering Manager, and or Production Superintendent
* Back up for the various environmental programs in the mill
* Reports to the Engineering Manager
* Responsible for all process chemicals utilized at mill; (monitoring and optimizing consumption, ordering and interface with suppliers, storage)
* Oversee third party vendors and ensure they meet the mills needs and perform a value added service
* Available for weekend call duty and share team shutdown responsibilities
* Performs other related duties, as required.
Employmnt Type : Full Time
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* BS in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical or Paper Science Engineering
* Experience in process design, process optimization, project management or product support a plus
* 0-5 years of applicable experience in an engineering and manufacturing environment
* Excellent engineering skills
* Hands on experience with operation of pumps, piping, valves and other control systems
* Excellent analytical, organizational, planning and problem-solving/troubleshooting skills
* Ability to work independently and effectively on teams
* Demonstrate respect, inclusion, cooperation and responsibility
* Willing to work nights and weekends as required
* Limited travel required
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for a prolonged period as well as bending and stooping regularly
* The job duties will require the employee to utilize repetitive fine manipulation with hands
* The employee is frequently required to talk or hear
* The employee is required to reach with hands and arms
* The employee must regularly push/pull/lift 40 pounds unassisted and occasionally more with assistance
* Specific vision abilities for this job include close vision, distance vision and depth vision
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
* Able to work in hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment.
* Willingness and ability to wear safety glasses, earplugs, hard hat, steel toed boots and any other required PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This company is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.