Product Life Cycle Planner
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 12/21/2019
END DATE 2/19/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary:
The Product Lifecycle Planning role is key in the Supply Chain organization, accountable for the Process Development, Integration, and Governance and Execution for Product Lifecycle Management/Product Portfolio Health and Inventory Optimization Strategies.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, and Key Results Area:
The successful candidate will support the business for assigned key/priority products, in:
- Product Lifecycle Planning; Driving launch readiness in partnership with marketing engineering, operations and sales teams; Communicating system requirements and schedules to facilitate technical readiness with cross-functional supply chain teams; Influencing product manufacturability, testability, and supply chain responsiveness in pursuit of high service levels and maximum flexibility; Responsible for all supply chain new product activities associated to enable a flawless launch execution; Assess planning capacity across the supply chain and manages component readiness to ensure part availability for product launch. Leads the cross-functional planning team and manages the development, roll-out, and implementation of new product introduction into Operations; Proactively identifies opportunities for process improvement and cost reductions
- Inventory Optimization: Build and maintain a 2-year inventory strategy for all product categories, with monthly/quarterly metrics and actions. Communicate inventory position, budget, and financial re-forecast to senior management via Dashboards. Formulate and recommend policies, procedures, and processes that Owns the product End of Life process minimizing component and finished goods obsolescence. Providing recommendations to optimize the Supply Chain strategy especially as part to of inventory management and business continuity.
The successful candidate will also have a support role in the following:
- Provide business requirements for 'Business Dashboards' with Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and support TSI capabilities to measure and report them in an accurate, timely manner e.g. sku productivity analyses.
- Support medium to long term target service levels for assigned
Other primary duties and responsibilities include the following; however, Management reserves the right to assign or reassign other appropriate duties to this job at any time. This document excludes the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties.
Ideal Candidate Possesses These Attributes:
Position-Specific Skills Required
- Be a natural leader and facilitator; is dynamic, driven, organized and detail oriented; thrives in an ambiguous environment and is adept at facilitating actions and resolving
- Be a genuine TSI ambassador, exemplifies our culture in all communications and
- Have excellent verbal/written communication, organization, and the ability to manage multiple projects/ timelines.
- Have strong skills in project management, problem solving, process
- Maintain a high level of organization, commitment to follow through, enthusiasm and
Leadership Competencies Required
- Strong strategic and analytical thinking, problem solving and rapid decision making skills
- Strong ability in negotiating and influencing without authority in complex, high impact
Technical Expertise Required
- Proficiency with desktop applications, including advanced Excel
- Experience with Planning
- BA/BS with an emphasis in Business Planning, Finance, Supply Chain, or other job-related field or equivalent business experience is required.
- 5 - 10 years Planning or Supply Chain experience with at least 2 years involved directly in product lifecycle management. Knowledge of/exposure to world class planning and execution processes and preferably supported by ERP (preferably Microsoft Dynamics).
- Minimum of 2 years' experience as a leader of cross functional teams and/or managing professionals strongly
- Experience in working with both domestic and international suppliers in a fast paced, reputed, Consumer company organized in a matrix structure
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be capable of performing each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements herein are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Travel Required - 5% - 10%
Critical Internal Collaborative Relationships
- Sales, Marketing, FP&A, Operations
Work Environment/Physical Requirements: Fast-paced corporate office environment. Some stress may occur. Regular travel is not expected in this position; however, travel around scheduled projects such as program rollouts may be necessary.
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties, responsibilities, and key results of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties, responsibilities, and key results outlined herein.
Tempur Sealy is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type based upon race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.