Product Line Tax Leader for OFS - Houston, TX 6/3/2020
Baker Hughes Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ROLE SUMMARY/PURPOSE
Baker Hughes is currently hiring a Product Line Tax Leader for Oilfield Services (OFS) based in Houston, Texas.
The Product Line Tax Leader will provide overall responsibility for taxation at identified Product Lines for OFS. The identified Product Lines constitute global businesses generating multi-billion dollar in revenues for Baker Hughes. Reporting to the OFS Senior Tax Director, the Product Line Tax Leader will support the business s global competitiveness by minimizing its global tax cost and risk, while complying fully and with the highest integrity with the laws around the world.
* Direct the tax functional area of identified product lines of a major business segment of Baker Hughes
* Translate concepts, develop strategy, implement change, create programs responsive to external environment, and participate in cross-functional business and cultural development
* Direct the tax strategy, planning, controversy and operating responsibility for OFS Product Lines
* Minimize the business' tax cost, while complying fully with the laws of all relevant jurisdictions, and help drive growth
* Partner closely with the OFS Product Line CFOs and other business leaders to ensure that they understand and implement the requirements for achieving the business tax objectives, and drive business growth and success
* Provide guidance to the OFS deal teams on structuring and negotiating acquisitions and dispositions, including documentation of transactions and managing outside tax advisors
* Provide guidance to the OFS commercial/sales teams to ensure tax is properly taken into account in bid and decision-making processes
* Ensure flawless execution, controllership, and risk management of all transactions and structures for assigned area of responsibility
* Leverage technical resources within Baker Hughes HQ and support HQ-driven projects and initiatives
* Coordinate with the OFS Tax Controller with respect to internal and external reporting of taxes, payments of tax liabilities, conduct of tax audits and overall management of tax risks and opportunities
* Bachelor s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related discipline
* 8+ years of work experience in the field of international tax planning & tax controllership
* Demonstrated focus on sustainable tax planning with due consideration given to reputation in risk assessment
* Excellent interpersonal skills, positive attitude, and ability to influence in a multi-matrixed organization
* Proactive leader fostering a culture of transparency, accountability & team-based mindset
* Excellent communication skills/fluency discussing tax with non-tax professionals
* CPA, Masters Tax, or JD/LLM preferred
* Oil & Gas / Energy industry experience preferred
* Experience with an ERP System (SAP, Oracle preferred)
* Advanced analytical skills using Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.