Product Manager III or Senior 5/7/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
Product Manager III or Senior
The Product Manager III or Senior is responsible for creating the business and product plan, and articulating the product strategy, vision, design, development and ongoing oversight of products that support the launch and growth of businesses within the Cambia family of companies. These roles are responsible for all phases of new product development and management activities including defining business requirements, leading product development, implementing and sustaining the strategic product roadmap, pricing and budget models, competitive positioning and product design for both existing and next-generation product offerings.
These roles are inherently cross-functional and require close work and collaboration with counterparts in product development, data science and data engineering, user experience, operations, program, and strategy to ensure all teams are delivering high-quality products that solve real market needs.
At Cambia, our values are fundamental to achieving our Cause of transforming the health care industry. They guide our actions and bring diverse perspectives together to improve the health care journey better for those we serve. All eight values are equally important and linked to the others: Empathy, Hope, Courage, Trust, Commitment, Innovation, Collaboration and Accountability. These values are not just words on paper - we live them every day.
RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS
* Proven record of creating successful products based on a balance of user needs, business goals, and technical constraints.
* Concrete experience managing complex products (preferably in healthcare) through a product development lifecycle
* Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with demonstrated ability to lead teams and build effective working relationships with individuals and groups at all levels.
* Demonstrated project management skills including effective planning, organizing, and administration of multi-functional work responsibilities.
* Demonstrated ability to prioritize features and enhancements, and are data driven and a student of test driven design.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, including formal presentations and the facilitation of group planning sessions.
* Demonstrated ability to synthesize findings, prepare reports, create executive level documents and recommend solutions.
* Demonstrated track record in developing and managing highly successful products for healthcare preferred.
* Experience with analytics, forecasting, and developing business cases.
* Ability to negotiate and resolve issues with diplomacy and persuasiveness.
* Ability to work within cross-functional teams.
* Ability to operate independently to navigate organizational complexities and to obtain resources needed to move initiatives forward.
* Ability to write executive level documents and make executive level presentations.
* Demonstrated excellent attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in parallel.
* Ability to learn new technology concepts quickly.
* Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
* Mobile / Desktop software experience across top-tier platforms or relevant consumer software experience, if applicable to role.
* Knowledge of Agile methodology, project and product management best practices
* Strong understanding of web design/development concepts and processes, and industry best practices for ecommerce, if applicable to role.
* High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
* Experience managing complex products with multiple end-user and purchaser persona and stakeholders.
* Ability to develop and lead cross divisional processes and clearly articulate complex information to achieve common goals.
* Ability to negotiate and resolve complex and sensitive issues with diplomacy and persuasiveness.
* Experience with agile project management of large, cross functional technology or software initiatives.
* Advanced experience in working with user experience design teams to create compelling products that users love to use.
Additional Competencies and Requirements for the Senior Product Manager:
* Demonstrated broad knowledge of product management and product development, management principles, strategic and operational planning, project implementation and performance monitoring, and financial analysis.
* Demonstrated ability to move abstract concepts and early product ideas through product development phases to deliver effective and successful product solutions with strong ROI.
* Comfortable using big data to uncover previously unknown customer insights as well as building and defending data models.
* Ability to mentor other junior team members in areas of domain, process, strategy, and communication within the organization
* Depending on area, may require Concrete experience managing complex digital products (preferably end customer facing) applications through multiple lifecycles.
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above:
* The Product Manager III would have a BA/BS in Business Administration or relevant field with 8+ years experience in a product management position in healthcare, or equivalent combination of education and experience. For technology specific roles experience in consumer-facing software & services or a start-up environment preferred. MBA preferred.
* The Product Manager Senior would have a BA/BS in Business Administration or relevant field with 10+ years experience in a product management position in healthcare, or equivalent combination of education and experience. For technology specific roles experience in consumer-facing software & services or a start-up environment preferred. Must have experience that aligns directly to the products being managed. MBA preferred.
General Functions and Outcomes:
* Manage the product roadmap and prioritization process, including defining the deliverables into discrete commitments (sprint planning).
* Directs the product management activities for products to meet business, market segmentation and financial goals.
* Produces product requirements for and interfaces and documents initiatives with marketing, UX, engineering and category management teams.
* Understands the target market and primary user needs for a product.
* Synthesizes business requirements from multiple sources including or may include customer segments, healthcare product experts, brokers, and sales teams into requirement documents and agile project plans.
* Define the feature sets, and business requirements from multiple sources, focusing on measures of success, and product roadmap.
* Contribute to the long term product vision.
* May conduct market research by working with internal teams and visits to customers and other relevant companies
* Manage a products life-cycle from planning to tactical activities to cross company go to market planning.
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.